Good Day For Trout

carver

Enjoyed the video,I live 15 mins from Fires Creek,only problem is N.C. out of state lic. is very high

carver

I know,I can only admire the streams in N.C.and Tenn.

Meriwether Mike

The best fishing in north Georgia is in North Carolina. I buy the annual license every year.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you think NC is high, try to buy a comprehensive NR license in Tennessee.
Yep, they went crazy with it. I live about fifteen miles from the Tennessee line, and I don't buy a TN license any more. The only fishing I do in TN since they jacked the license up is in the GSMNP, where a license from either state is good throughout the park.

Tom W.

I like fishing the Indian waters in Cherokee.... a fairly cheap license for two days on tribal waters.

whitetailfreak

Yep, they went crazy with it. I live about fifteen miles from the Tennessee line, and I don't buy a TN license any more. The only fishing I do in TN since they jacked the license up is in the GSMNP, where a license from either state is good throughout the park.

I've got a soft spot for Tellico and tribs so I still get a TN license, but it hurts my feelings to fork out the Benjamin to do it. I live about 10 minutes from Tennessee.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like fishing the Indian waters in Cherokee.... a fairly cheap license for two days on tribal waters.
They allow you 10 fish, where NC just allows you 7, also.

Tom W.

The first time my wife & I went there I caught a small rainbow and a smaller rainbow on my UL rod. They were the first two trout that I've caught in over 40 years, the last ones being in some of those famous trout streams in upstate N.Y.

I also like to have breakfast @ Peter's Pancakes, and watch the woodchucks in the hill across from the restaurant. I haven't seen any woodchucks here in Lower Alabama....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The first time my wife & I went there I caught a small rainbow and a smaller rainbow on my UL rod. They were the first two trout that I've caught in over 40 years, the last ones being in some of those famous trout streams in upstate N.Y.

I also like to have breakfast @ Peter's Pancakes, and watch the woodchucks in the hill across from the restaurant. I haven't seen any woodchucks here in Lower Alabama....
Them ain't woodchucks, they're groundhogs. They have woodchucks up in Yankeeland, not here. :bounce:

turkeykirk

Surely you mountain fellas can out run the game warden to the state lines.:biggrin2: