Telecheck Results 2019 *Final Numbers posted page 4

Gut_Pile

I have been doing this thread for 4 years now. You can find the results from the previous years at the threads below

http://forum.gon.com/threads/telecheck-results-2018-updated-5-17.917581/

http://forum.gon.com/threads/telecheck-results-2017-final-results-page-5.896288/

http://forum.gon.com/threads/telecheck-results-so-far-updated-4-18-page-3.869649/

So far in 2019 we are 27 days into a 56 day season (youth weekend included). As of 4/16/19 at 12:10 PM there have been 8192 turkeys killed. This is a average of 303 per day and puts us on pace for 16,991 turkeys killed in 2019.

As the season progresses the total number will drop due to people limiting out and people just losing interest. I expect a reported harvest around 10-11k judging by how this years numbers are mirroring the last three seasons.

We will see how this plays out over the next month

Gut_Pile

Monday 4/16 update

27 days into a 56 day season there have been 8,454 turkeys checked in which is 313 per day average.

Since the last data was posted, there have been 1,098 turkeys checked in which is 219 turkeys per day average.

On pace for 17,534 for the year

This is from 4/16/18. As you can see, we are 262 turkeys off pace from last year. Last years total was 11,901. Looks like we won't hit that number this year if things keep going the way they are going.

goblr77

Those numbers are far off from the estimated 30,000 or so the state was estimating before game check was implemented. I'm sure they'll say birds just aren't being reported.

Gut_Pile

Myles,
It's very interesting to me the data that has come from this telecheck. I think it's one of the best things the state has done for understand turkeys and the people that hunt them.

Now, if we can just get some regulation changes to improve the chances of survival for gobblers/hens/poults then we will really be headed in the right direction.

Tadder

I use to go hunt Tenn. up there you got 3 tags if I remember right , but you only got 1 tag at a time . Harvest a gobbler , tag it check it in , they record the harvest and give you your next tag. 1 gobbler a day I think it was of course we always gonna have your % of folks that have too break that law just because. May get bashed but some times the TRUTH just plan hurts :p;). Wish Ga. would consider that process. If you got checked in the woods turkey hunting with not tag r had a bird with no tag on it. BUSTED YOU WHERE NO ?

Twiggbuster

what percentage of turkey kills do you think are actually being reported?

I say a higher percentage in the northern zone.
South ga plays by a different set of rules : )
Just kidding..

But really, some of the birds killed in the boonies where they never see a GW on their on land, I bet it happens.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I say a higher percentage in the northern zone.
South ga plays by a different set of rules : )
Just kidding..

But really, some of the birds killed in the boonies where they never see a GW on their on land, I bet it happens.
You are not kidding !

Mark K

Banned
I’ll bet they get reported, maybe not exactly on the days they might have been killed, but they get reported. A lot of birds die May 13, 14, and 15

fountain

what percentage of turkey kills do you think are actually being reported?
I'm gonna say about 60% report kills. Most of the field I talk to about in either;
#1.. says it's none of the states business to
know what they do and kill on the land
they own and pay taxes on
#2..they say that if you download the app to
your phone and use it for anything, that
"they got you". They insist that someone
can track you based on your phone and
have every tidbit of personal information
imaginable from pictures to location to
ss# and bank info.
#3..they kill them by any illegal means and
reporting a kill isnt even considered ..i.e.,
over the limit, trespassing, etc.

Gut_Pile

Gut_Pile

4/29/19 update at 1:05pm

So far in 2019 we are 40 days into a 56 day season (youth weekend included). As of 4/29/19 at 1:05PM there have been 10,061 turkeys killed. This is a average of 251 per day and puts us on pace for 14,085 turkeys killed in 2019.

1506 turkeys killed in the last week