? Official 2019 T/C SMACK TALK Thread?

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Well I'm goin turkey huntin before work tomorrow y'all! It's fixin to be a BAD DAY TO BE A GOBBLER!!!!!!!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Well I'm goin turkey huntin before work tomorrow y'all! It's fixin to be a BAD DAY TO BE A GOBBLER!!!!!!!

Good luck. I'm trying my best to get all mine killed before the last week of season before you change the locks on my gates.?

sea trout

Good luck. I'm trying my best to get all mine killed before the last week of season before you change the locks on my gates.?

bout time to go change your locks now! You've got enough bonus points!!!!

sea trout

Well it was a good day for that gobbler.
He was either a beard rot tom or the new world record jake.
I think he was a beard rot tom. He was over 20lbs hands down easy. He wasn't even like 2yr old tom size....he was a biggun!
But he got a pass today. Can't beat Beagler, Spinnerbait and Gamehunter with jakes.

deast1988

Well it was a good day for that gobbler.
He was either a beard rot tom or the new world record jake.
I think he was a beard rot tom. He was over 20lbs hands down easy. He wasn't even like 2yr old tom size....he was a biggun!
But he got a pass today. Can't beat Beagler, Spinnerbait and Gamehunter with jakes.

Killers, I’ve walked 10miles finally found birds. They deep, I got two days to get after em. Clock is ticking.

sea trout

get in there deast!
I've got to go to work rest of today.
Then Fri, Sat and Sun is taking others hunting who will be the shooters.
Unless if this guy tomorrow is afraid of thunder storms. I don't think he is. But if he is I'll go try Clarksville in the mornin. Then huntin with wife n kids this weekend. Then work next week. Geeeeeeze!!!! Too much work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sea trout

Hats off to anybody who hunted North Georgia this mornin.
Idk How South Ga was but up here even I stayed in the garage. And I'm a pretty crazy all weather guy

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Flooded so bad here the lake was going over the Dam. Hardest rain I've seen in many years.

Ive got a couple old birds that may score good I just have to get some more free time to go after them.

Bubba_1122

Hunted yesterday morning. Mighty windy. Sat in a blind on a field - figured with wind the birds would come out in the field. Figured wrong. Spent the morning trying to keep the blind from blowing away. Heard someone shoot at 7:32. Haven't heard a gobble out there since opening morning (when I heard 5 or 6 - and one of them's dead).

Still looking to find a jake so can get a couple more points for my team, but gonna be hard to happen this week. Headed coastal with redfish on my mind later this week (and man I'm hoping the wind don't blow in the Apalachycola Bay like it blew up here on Saturday). Headed north to Tallahassee for K Chesney concert Friday and then back south to Apalach from there for what I hope will be more jaw yanking.

Maybe I can squeeze in a jake some time before the season ends (but I ain't feeling too optimistic at this point). Pretty sure a UFO came down, levitated my birds into the space ship and took em to a planet far away where the natives are eating turkey sammichs as we speak). In fact am actually pretty certain that's what's going on.

Last edited:
When I walked out the door this morning one was gobbling while i was getting my gear together. Got setup on him and called and about four gobbled. It ended up being three jakes, two long beards and two hens. The jakes came right to me but the gobblers managed to stay just out of bow range. They gobbled the best I’ve herd all year for literally two hours. I eased out around 9am to go work on my dove field but Im going to try them in the morning and see If they slip up.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Sure is quiet in here , almost as quiet as the turkeys where I’ve been hunting !

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Found a nice chufa plot the other day. Might slip on the sneakers and try it out.

sea trout

Weeks ago I took tomorrow off. Supposed to be rainin here but I'm goin any way!!
Last time I was in Clarksville spot the big bonus Tom was down to just 1 hen. She was still leading him away from me but maybe she's not interested anymore tomorrow

sea trout

WOW!!!!! So close but no!