THANKFULLY, THIS PIEBALD BUCK IS STILL ROAMING AROUND MY PROPERTY AND I HOPE IT STAYS THERE FOR A LONG TIME AS I WOULD NEVER SHOOT THIS ONE.....

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Very cool.

Rabun

I've yet to see one. Hope he hangs with you for a long time. Is the coloration something passed on genetically? Maybe you'll have more?

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Deer managers say kill them all. Genetic defect. Nice pics though.

Mark, I appreciate your comments about my photos.

I would have to tell those deer managers of which you speak TO TAKE A FLYING LEAP BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER SHOOT THIS BUCK EVEN IF HE HAD 12 PERFECT POINTS ON HIM !!!! I ENJOY WATCHING HIM A HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN TRYING TO PUT HIM ON A WALL.

THIS BUCK IS A LOT MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A DOE WITH TWIN FAWNS THAT I HAD ON CAMERA NUMEROUS TIMES SEVERAL YEARS AGO BEFORE A 14 YEAR OLD ON THE NEIGHBORING PROPERTY SHOT HER AS BOTH OF HER FAWNS STOOD BESIDE HER. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE ORIGINAL PROPERTY OWNER DOESN'T OWN ANY PROPERTY IN LINCOLN COUNTY ANYMORE. YES, HIS 14 YEAR OLD GRANDSON TOLD THE STORY OF MY COMMENTS ABOVE TOO.

walkinboss01

Beautiful buck!!!

Mark K

Banned
Mark, I appreciate your comments about my photos.

I would have to tell those deer managers of which you speak TO TAKE A FLYING LEAP BECAUSE I WOULD NEVER SHOOT THIS BUCK EVEN IF HE HAD 12 PERFECT POINTS ON HIM !!!! I ENJOY WATCHING HIM A HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN TRYING TO PUT HIM ON A WALL.

THIS BUCK IS A LOT MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN A DOE WITH TWIN FAWNS THAT I HAD ON CAMERA NUMEROUS TIMES SEVERAL YEARS AGO BEFORE A 14 YEAR OLD ON THE NEIGHBORING PROPERTY SHOT HER AS BOTH OF HER FAWNS STOOD BESIDE HER. THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE ORIGINAL PROPERTY OWNER DOESN'T OWN ANY PROPERTY IN LINCOLN COUNTY ANYMORE. YES, HIS 14 YEAR OLD GRANDSON TOLD THE STORY OF MY COMMENTS ABOVE TOO.
I could care less what you do. You do realize this is a hunting forum? We kill animals. Just a guess here but just about every doe shot has one of her “babies” standing near when shot. Very rare that I see a single doe except during the rut and normally something is chasing her.
You get to watch and enjoy because there are those of us that keep the balance and try and follow sound management practices. Generally a deer like that is described as inferior and the genes don’t need to be passed on for the health of the herd. Not a deer biologist by any means, just going by what the general consensus is on piebald deer...fawn or 12pt, it would have to go. Not for the wall, for the herd.

across the river

I could care less what you do. You do realize this is a hunting forum? We kill animals. Just a guess here but just about every doe shot has one of her “babies” standing near when shot. Very rare that I see a single doe except during the rut and normally something is chasing her.
You get to watch and enjoy because there are those of us that keep the balance and try and follow sound management practices. Generally a deer like that is described as inferior and the genes don’t need to be passed on for the health of the herd. Not a deer biologist by any means, just going by what the general consensus is on piebald deer...fawn or 12pt, it would have to go. Not for the wall, for the herd.

Come on man. Who is this "general consensus" that says piebald deer "have to go." I have never seen nor heard of this consensus. It is a recessive trait. Like other recessive traits, both parents have to carry the recessive gene(s) and the deer has to get both recessive gene(s) to display the trait. Two non-piebald deer can obviously have a piebald offspring, just like two brown eye people can have a blue eyed kid. That doesn't mean the piebald deers offspring will be piebald, and plenty of non-piebald deer can carry piebald genes. There are some other traits like the short legs or jaw that are also recessive that can be displayed in piebald deer, but again, just because a deer doesn't show it physically doesn't mean they don't carry the recessive gene that can be passed along. Harvesting piebald deer in the name of "helping the heard" is ridiculous. Now at the same time, there is no beneficial reason to protect them either, as some state do.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
FOR THE WALL AND THE HERD.

One piebald eventually could turn into too many.
Inferior chances are higher than not when you see more than one in a given area over any time frame.
Choot him grown, get yours, then clean up the herd again is what we all will eventually do if we had a piebald buck then more than a few does showing that trait. Shoot or don’t shoot just like every other deer you choose. I’m shooting if legal and a doe. I’m growing the piebald buck to see what he becomes if I can. Knockin a hole in him on public land.
I’m sure if Eagle eye sees fifteen of them piebalds he’d do something about that quantity and want to improve the quality genes back into his property. Shooting most if not all the piebalds and leaving normal brown deer to breed down the road.

Mark K

Banned
Need me a piebald fawn. Saw a full body mount of a piebald doe and fawn. Absolutely beautiful. You could watch that for the rest of your life.

Cool Hand Luke

Good grief, arguing over an odd colored pine goat. The man enjoys watching this one alive. If you disagree, start your own thread on eleminating piebalds from the herd and keep your negative comments to yourself. Nice pics EE

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
What EE does on his land is his business. He put up some pics of an interesting deer for others to enjoy and quarterbacking from the bleachers starts. Enjoy his pics say so, if not, your a click away from never seeing them again.