Wearing a hat indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
My hat comes off. When I go to bed, take shower, or go to church, funerals, national anthem, pledge of allegiance, or prayer. If I have to take it off anywhere else, Then I simply don't go to there and everyone that knows me, knows that my hat is not coming off for no other reasons than what's listed. So they know better than to ask me to go or do anything other than that

This.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Most men who leave their hats on are not comfortable or embarrassed by their thinning or balding head. Can't just say they wore it off on the headboard.

Nah jack.

GeorgiaBob

Why is this considered wrong?
Be specific.
Good lord anyone that sees a person with a hat in as an immediate threat needs therapy and medication

You asked! And then you claim that anyone who acknowledges approximately 7,000 years of human experience needs therapy and medication.

I would suggest that you, sir, are living without the therapy you clearly need. I gave you the reason, the context, and the similar actions.

And if you can watch a hooded person walk towards you on a dark night and NOT prepare to defend yourself - you are an idiot!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
You asked! And then you claim that anyone who acknowledges approximately 7,000 years of human experience needs therapy and medication.

I would suggest that you, sir, are living without the therapy you clearly need. I gave you the reason, the context, and the similar actions.

And if you can watch a hooded person walk towards you on a dark night and NOT prepare to defend yourself - you are an idiot!
You don’t understand the difference in wearing a hat inside a house and a suspicious person with a hoodie on in a dark alley ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

1st off ? verses the hoodie. There is a difference .
2nd off he was talking about the indoors no out on the streets as this seems to play out.
3rd a assailant as you are talking about may not have a hat or hood on.
4th I’m not sure calling someone a idiot is aloud on here.
As always a simple question in has turned around to other Situations.

Hillbilly stalker

Common courtesy if your raised right and not like a heathen. My daddy taught me it was wrong and that's all the explaining I ever needed. Some people will stop and argue with a road sign tho.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBob

OK, lets clear the air. The original question cannot be answered without the historical usage. I tried to put it in context. There are about 7,000 years of documented human history that includes head coverings. In all that history, through all cultures, it was a matter of security to all around that one uncovered their head (in some cultures women are excluded). Whether a hooded robe, a war helm, a brim hat or other head covering, to respect the trust bond between humans - the head covering comes off. That is the basis for the civil behaviors around wearing a hat, indoors or out.

I assumed an educated adult would need no more that an outline reminder. I was apparently wrong.

In terms of cultural reasoning, there is NOT any difference between a hat and a hoodie. The culture and the behaviors are the same!

I reference the basis for the cultural rules that apply both inside and out.

If someone approaches without a head covering, then clearly the hat rule doesn't apply!

And I should apologize for my poor word usage. I should have better defined my statement. It was not intended to be a personal attack. - i should have written: Anyone who can watch a hooded person walk up on a dark night and not prepare to defend themselves is an idiot.

My point is the original reasons for the "hat rules" still apply.

To anyone offended by my poor sentence construction, PLEASE accept my sincere apology.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Common courtesy if your raised right and not like a heathen. My daddy taught me it was wrong and that's all the explaining I ever needed. Some people will stop and argue with a road sign tho.

And some folks can’t think for themselves

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Who made the rule that you open a door for a lady?
What purpose does it serve?

And the one about a man when walking on a sidewalk with a lady, that he should always be on the side closet to the street.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You know who will win in the end,Hillbilly, he knows everything !!!!!!o_O
Really? That's news to me. The older I get the more I realize what I don't know at all. I knew everything when I was 18, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.