Wearing a hat indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
The act of wearing it or not wearing it is not inherently right or wrong. Honestly, if it was a "diddy tolt me" sorta thing I would prolly do the opposite. But, I never thought a whole lot about it, just a hat. I remove mine at the dinner table, funerals, the office, national anthem, rare occasions Im in church, asleep, when I saw the Constitution, and the baseball hall of fame. Nothin wrong with respecting customs, and sometimes it's just obnoxious not to (church and funerals are two occasions which I think might qualify, depending).

I also don't cuss on conference calls or in church. Just showin' respect for customs. Not a bad thing. Lotta things we do, or behaviors we modify just 'cause.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if ol' Jim Bridger took his hat off when he went into the saloon?

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
The act of wearing it or not wearing it is not inherently right or wrong. Honestly, if it was a "diddy tolt me" sorta thing I would prolly do the opposite. But, I never thought a whole lot about it, just a hat. I remove mine at the dinner table, funerals, the office, national anthem, rare occasions Im in church, asleep, when I saw the Constitution, and the baseball hall of fame. Nothin wrong with respecting customs, and sometimes it's just obnoxious not to (church and funerals are two occasions which I think might qualify, depending).

I also don't cuss on conference calls or in church. Just showin' respect for customs. Not a bad thing. Lotta things we do, or behaviors we modify just 'cause.

I just said a dirty word on a conference call.......i am also wearing a hat today since i am working from the hizzle

baddave

it's just a manners thing . american culture . like you don't shake a lady's hand unless she offers a handshake , otherwise it's how do you do

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I just said a dirty word on a conference call.......i am also wearing a hat today since i am working from the hizzle

I work with folks from all over the place. The folks who tend to get most offended by it are the Indians (from india). I wear a hat when Im live from the home office mah self.

Hilsman

Captain Gut Hook !

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
JB found a place to stay

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
If in the military and you don't lift the lid indoors, you better duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.