Wearing a hat indoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly stalker

so you don't know either.
Sure do know why. It's disrespectful and shows a lack of up bringing. You might not have had a daddy, I don't know, my daddy set the rules and that was the bottom line. Absolutely no room for a little snot nose running around whining " but why why why ". That's when this country took a horrible turn, when egg headed professors taught know it all college kids in 3-4 years that everything their parents had taught them in 18 years was wrong. Things like respecting other people and their ways and religion . Can't believe you took a painting of Jesus , added words to make a funny or to make a point. That's slam shameful. But a hit dog hollers don't he ?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Sure do know why. It's disrespectful and shows a lack of up bringing. You might not have had a daddy, I don't know, my daddy set the rules and that was the bottom line. Absolutely no room for a little snot nose running around whining " but why why why ". That's when this country took a horrible turn, when egg headed professors taught know it all college kids in 3-4 years that everything their parents had taught them in 18 years was wrong. Things like respecting other people and their ways and religion . Can't believe you took a painting of Jesus , added words to make a funny or to make a point. That's slam shameful. But a hit dog hollers don't he ?

Love this post. Throwback should change his name to Millenial.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Who is going to explain this unwritten rule to all those crossing the border. Our immigrants !

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Who is going to explain this unwritten rule to all those crossing the border. Our immigrants !

Well I’m sure we will be expected to give them our hats. And then our houses so they can wear them inside and do whatever else they want. Eh? Eh?

im not in the miltary
Not saying you are but the military takes tradition and what is considered a standard of conduct by southern men and at one time by men everywhere. Traditional manners and standards considered as the normal state of affairs. Southern traditions dictate that southern gentleman do not wear hats indoors. Your not allowed to place your hat or cap on the dining table. Just like wiping your shoes at the door. Now I’m not saying you are lacking manners cause I wear my cap or hat inside in a minute. But you ask why the rules dictate the reason you don’t wear a hat inside. My mother taught me which fork to eat with and how to act in public and in my family you were expect to behave in certain way and how you were supposed to act at home and in public. You may not be educated and you might be poor in my family but you were expected to say yes ma’am and yes sir or no ma’am or no sir when you spoke to some one who was grown. I grew up in Mississippi in the 50s and 60s and I was expected to say yes sir and no ma’am to black people. We said grace when we sat at the table to eat. It is called manners and was a standard that I was taught.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
No sombreros in the casa or cantina

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
When we get this settled let's start on these morons who walk around with their britches so low that their behinds are hanging out!

Why shouldn’t they do that? Because one stupid old person decided it was wrong? Revolution!

NOYDB

BANNED
There earliest pic of me as a child has me wearing a hat. Standing in front of a moose in front of our garage in our driveway. I like to wear hats. I wear them on my head. I know the customs and follow them. But if I need to do something that requires two hands it goes on my head till done.
Why can’t we just drive on whichever side of the road we feel like? Why can’t we yell fire in a movie theatre. That’s seems like it would be fun. Why can’t we just do whatever we want whenever we want? Y’all sound like a bunch of spoiled teenagers.

You can yell fire in a movie theater. As long as you're alone.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw

It was in reference to people freaking out about a kid wearing a hat in church instead of being glad the kid is in church.

Why shouldn’t they do that? Because one stupid old person decided it was wrong? Revolution!
No that’s not why you do that. We respect those men who fought in the wars of the U.S. not all men were considered gentlemen. Only officers holding a commission were considered gentlemen. Like I said if you are a southerner people expect us to uphold the traditions of manners and civility.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Not saying you are but the military takes tradition and what is considered a standard of conduct by southern men and at one time by men everywhere. Traditional manners and standards considered as the normal state of affairs. Southern traditions dictate that southern gentleman do not wear hats indoors. Your not allowed to place your hat or cap on the dining table. Just like wiping your shoes at the door. Now I’m not saying you are lacking manners cause I wear my cap or hat inside in a minute. But you ask why the rules dictate the reason you don’t wear a hat inside. My mother taught me which fork to eat with and how to act in public and in my family you were expect to behave in certain way and how you were supposed to act at home and in public. You may not be educated and you might be poor in my family but you were expected to say yes ma’am and yes sir or no ma’am or no sir when you spoke to some one who was grown. I grew up in Mississippi in the 50s and 60s and I was expected to say yes sir and no ma’am to black people. We said grace when we sat at the table to eat. It is called manners and was a standard that I was taught.
Glad yours made you do that to black people. The closest I ever came to getting a beating from my grandfather was when I said yes sir to an (elderly) black man when I was about 6 years old. He made the elderly man cal ME sir.

he also demanded I take my hat off inside

sinclair1

Yeah, but pulling up your britches is just common decency.
Some would say that about not flying a confederate flag. I reserve the right to do as I please when I get the urge, but so do they. Maybe I should respect that, you decide.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Sorry if I question things I’m not a sheep.

Bull crap. This has nothing to do with not being a sheep or you being some sort rugged individualist or outside the box thinker. All of that is just a way of trying cover up for your being a whiny little baby who thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants. The disrespectful tone of your posts about older people and what they thought was right coupled with multiple posts in your own thread throwing a tantrum about something a mature person could just accept or discard and move on let’s me know I would never want to be within the sound of your voice. A “throwback” is about the last thing you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts