I cut the cord. No more DISH network. Now what?

Arrow3

Got tired of paying $100 a month for something I barely cut on. If it wasn't for football I wouldn't have anything. I watch all the hunting I want on YouTube. We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, and Tubi for about any movie we want to see .

Just need a way to get my sports. Looking like Sling TV is gonna be a good option.

Any other suggestions?

Gator89

We did the same in March.

Only problem with sports on Sling is you do not get access the SEC Network. So if GA is being shown on the SEC Network, you cannot see that game. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, yep all of those are on Sling.

It seems the SEC network is available via cable or satellite only, or I have not found a way to access it.

I use digital antennas for local channels, morning news shows, etc.

Arrow3

We did the same in March.

Only problem with sports on Sling is you do not get access the SEC Network. So if GA is being shown on the SEC Network, you cannot see that game. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, yep all of those are on Sling.

It seems the SEC network is available via cable or satellite only, or I have not found a way to access it.

I use digital antennas for local channels, morning news shows, etc.

The SEC network is available on Sling from what I read for $5 a month in a sports package

Arrow3

Looks like its available on hulu live too.

Gator89

I found this:

You have to jump through a couple of hoops to watch SEC Network on Sling TV, but it’s worth it if you’re trying to save money. SEC Network is available only as part of the Sports Extra package for Sling Orange (but not Sling Blue). That add-on package costs $5 per month, in addition to Sling Orange’s $25 per month, which brings your total to $30 per month. (If I’m not mistaken, you can also add the Sling Orange Sports Extra package to Sling Orange + Blue, which costs $40 per month.) It’s a little confusing, but you can see a full breakdown of Sling TV channels here. But with that low, low price, you’ll also get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, NHL Network, NBA TV, and Pac-12 Network, as well as SEC Network Alliance.

By the time you add up monthly fees for internet access, Netflix, Sling, extra sports packs, you are not far from cable rates.

Arrow3

But I was already paying for internet and Netflix so that's no additional cost.

Arrow3

I found this:

You have to jump through a couple of hoops to watch SEC Network on Sling TV, but it’s worth it if you’re trying to save money. SEC Network is available only as part of the Sports Extra package for Sling Orange (but not Sling Blue). That add-on package costs $5 per month, in addition to Sling Orange’s $25 per month, which brings your total to $30 per month. (If I’m not mistaken, you can also add the Sling Orange Sports Extra package to Sling Orange + Blue, which costs $40 per month.) It’s a little confusing, but you can see a full breakdown of Sling TV channels here. But with that low, low price, you’ll also get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, NHL Network, NBA TV, and Pac-12 Network, as well as SEC Network Alliance.

By the time you add up monthly fees for internet access, Netflix, Sling, extra sports packs, you are not far from cable rates.
Doesn't really look like jumping through hoops to me. Pau $5 and add the sports package and you've got it.

Looks like it's a standard channel on Hulu live. Hulu is $45 a month. Considerably less then the $100 I was spending with dish.

That's the savings of a new gun a year ?

Gator89

I just checked, I have Sling Orange, but cannot watch the SEC Network. Guess I will have a chat with a Sling CSR this evening.

LTZ25

I feel your pain about paying the Dish/Uverse bunch but for us older guys it’s sweet to have all the options to watch , we are around the house a lot especially in the evening . I can’t understand why the competitors have not had a price war , but when ball players are making 20 million $ a year and only ten thousand people in the stands someone is gonna have to pay .

j_seph

We have unlimited data with Verizon, bought a Roku and use amazon prime and netflix

beretta

Streaming box and a good internet connection is all you need for TV, movies or anything else.

Arrow3

I called Dish fully intending on cancelling. They cut my bill over in half.
That worked with me last year but not this year. Wanted to cut it a little and make me sign a 2 year contract to lock in that price.

greg_n_clayton

Got tired of paying $100 a month for something I barely cut on. If it wasn't for football I wouldn't have anything. I watch all the hunting I want on YouTube. We have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon prime, and Tubi for about any movie we want to see .

Just need a way to get my sports. Looking like Sling TV is gonna be a good option.

Any other suggestions?
Haven't read all the posts, but hulu has everything I am interested in as far as football and races, and bravesball with local scrip.

NOYDB

BANNED
That worked with me last year but not this year. Wanted to cut it a little and make me sign a 2 year contract to lock in that price.

Call again. Different day, different shift, different agent, different price. Try next week.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Changed names on Comcast account. Saved 150 dollars on Tv and 100mbps internet. 260+ channels and internet for $117. One X1 box with voice remote. Stream xfinity app on phone, computer, roku stick. I can watch TV in the deer stand lol. Well my granddaughter will. Swap names or swap service when they start climbing. Roku stick has multiple hunting apps with loads of shows. Mossy oak go(Pinhoti is on there), Growing deer, Food plot Tv. Carbon Tv. Hunt Tv. I can't even think of them all

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I've never been concerned with whats on TV while I was deer hunting (or anything else). After hunting it was time to sleep because day starts before the sun rises.
I agree. My Tv consists of college football and racing at home. Otherwise it's just about become useless to me. I may not turn one on during the week at all.

GeorgiaBob

I live in St Marys where my wife insists we have cable with all the premium channels and cable internet. It ain't cheap! OTOH there are a dozen English language sports channels (and twice as many Spanish sports channels - what's up with that?)

We have a "getaway" house on a small lake in Liberty County. I cut the cord there and ditched the satellite and the bill. Instead of internet tv, I bought an inexpensive antenna and watch broadcast TV from the Savannah markets. That means - NO sports networks. Honestly, when we are there I don't miss it. If the grandkids are not with us, the TV isn't even turned on most days.