A special gift for my son when my time comes...

nkbigdog

I finally found a Gentleman that could craft this for me on his new C&C machine. I had a friend that has a sawmill and knew I was looking for a special wood to craft it out of, and he called me that he found some..I picked up several cuts of Japanese Cedar, and took it to my C&C guy..It took a year and a half for him to work it into his busy schedule. I have had for some time an original 1911 Colt Government issue Military 45..All markings are correct with all the original parts including 1 Magazine. Also found an original package of 45 cartridges in the sealed box,
1911 is dated 1918 by serial # research..I designed what I wanted and he ran with it, the inside is lined with dark blue crushed velvet. I also had a plaque inscribe with a message to my son..
Son box.jpg

Presintation box.jpg

Son 1.jpg

naildrvr

Wow!!!! That's about all I can say. That is something super special. I often think about doing something like that for my 4 kids that they can have when they're grown.

transfixer

That is awesome ! I'm sure its something he will always treasure ! I need to do something similar for my stepson/son, he knows he will inherit my firearms when I go, but I need to do something similar to let him know how proud I am of him.

Kudos to you sir !

walkinboss01

Very nice. He’ll love it and cherish it forever.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
NICE!!! Something he'll treasure!

Browning Slayer

Kinda choked me up. Very nice and hope it's a long time before he gets it.

^this^

And I like the new forum cause I would have missed this thread in our old setup.

This thread has got me thinking like I know it has for others.

Great dang gift nkbigdog!!!!!! Thanks for sharing man!!!

nkbigdog

Thank all of you! When Dad passed many years ago, I recieved a three page hand written letter. He finally open his heart and I will never forget..My bride and I are all we have, and I am blessed to have that and so many I love..They say you are truly blessed if you can count more than three that are not blood...I am blessed to have more than I can count on my fingers and toes..Sometimes you need to slow down enough, to cherish all that you are blessed to have..Remember----Take the time to smell the roses!

Browning Slayer

Thank all of you! When Dad passed many years ago, I recieved a three page hand written letter. He finally open his heart and I will never forget..My bride and I are all we have, and I am blessed to have that and so many I love..They say you are truly blessed if you can count more than three that are not blood...I am blessed to have more than I can count on my fingers and toes..Sometimes you need to slow down enough, to cherish all that you are blessed to have..Remember----Take the time to smell the roses!
Take that boy fishing and hunting as much as you can. Stop, hug him and tell him you love him. And your legacy will continue on. Thru him and thru his kids!