Acorns

strothershwacker

I've got a big white oak in the yard that had not one acorn last year. Looks like its gonna be loaded this year! What ya'll seeing?

Buckman18

Looks like it’s going to be a bumper crop this year, high and low - whites and reds. If they make it through and develop. Sometimes that can make for a tough bear season, as it can make it a challenge to concentrate the critters.

tree cutter 08

Yeah I've seen same thing. Acorns looking good. reds are absolutely loaded and every white I've looked at has acorns but not loaded heavy. I did notice this dry spell has dried up a lot of muscedines.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I am in total agreement that it looks to be a good crop this fall. Hopefully the storm season will be kind to us and not beat up the old trees too badly. I’m ready!

JN86

I’m at 1100’ in Cumming and the Whites are loaded. Feast or famine the last few years. As long as they are good up high I will be happy. Spent two years scouting a ton of ground at 3000’ or higher and got caught flat footed last year.
I know what you mean. Went out on both cohutta hunt's last year and found about enough reds to half way fill up my hat. I did see a good bear as he was running up the side of the mountain. Never got a shot.

Bruin

Lot of muscedines and blackberry this year too.
IMG_0182.jpg
I was hopeful for a bumper crop of muscadines. However, last week I started to see them A LOT fall prematurely. This is the report from south and central Georgia. Is anyone seeing similar things up north. Now I’m curious if the acorns will hold all the way till September. Any predictions from the farmer's almanac?

DeucesWild

Got muscadines galore around home but that hot, dry spell we had a few weeks back caused my persimmon trees to abort a good many persimmons

Wayne D Davis

During my weekend scouting I saw many green persimmons on the ground. Kinda disheartening till I looked up. Totally loaded! I think the ample rain thru spring caused a bumper crop and this heat wave is causing just a few to drop.

Raylander

Soft mast that didn’t dry up in that May hot spell is looking real good. Looks like someone’s been riding a 4wheeler through the berry patches I’ve seen

Raylander

View attachment 975301
I was hopeful for a bumper crop of muscadines. However, last week I started to see them A LOT fall prematurely. This is the report from south and central Georgia. Is anyone seeing similar things up north. Now I’m curious if the acorns will hold all the way till September. Any predictions from the farmer's almanac?

I have a spot that produces muscadines EVERY year. Seems they always pitch some green ones early