Scotch drinkers

Big Foot

Who’s a Scotch drinker?

Been on the Mcallans run for awhile now, tried many others and the 12 even over the 18 is my thang...the 18 is amazing, but it’s actually too smooth (and too expensive to boot)...

Like a Perdoma 10th Anniversary with mine neat...

Who we got?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
And whether it is Scotch or Bourbon, I drink it neat.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I used to drink Scotch before I discovered Irish.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I really like that Macallan 18, but like you said that 12 is a little easier on the wallet.....neat.

Most times it’s the Glen Livet 15 for me.....don’t mind it chilled.

Shug

Stopped at a place in Knoxville called Total Wine and more, I noticed a 5k bottle of cognac. I asked the clerk who could afford that? She told me they sold a 14K bottle of single malt from the highlands :crazy:.... I thought Knob Creek single barrel was expensive

Big Foot

Hit total wine today - picked up 3 of the M12....@55 per....that’s a good price

Local likker store - 79 bucks per

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I got a little of this left. Don't know how long they aged it, but I've aged it about 10 years. I'm not much of a scotch drinker, but guests seem to like it.

Attachments

• 20190610_194659-747x1328.jpg
    20190610_194659-747x1328.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 18

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love single malt Scotch, hate blended Scotch. I hate buying Scotch.

stringmusic

This...
6F551052-15B7-4E63-9E7B-F4A69BE6FA5A.jpeg
Finest scotch whiskey I’ve ever had. Actually ended up with 2 bottles for my birthday, yea, I’ve got a good wife and a good buddy.

My regular drink is Johnnie Walker black label. Tried single malt a couple of times and don’t like it as much as the blended scotch.

SC Hunter

One of my rich friends is an old retired Vietnam veteran and stock market guru, he likes liquor of all kinds. He bought a case of Johnnie Walker Swing about a month ago that's really good. We drank a bottle of it and started on some blue label between several of us at a little gathering last weekend. I'm not much on scotch but I'll drink good scotch when it's free.

He's got a old grain bin completely refinished inside with a pile of animals mounted on the walls. Theres a old toy train set that goes around the grain bin, the cars are filled with whiskey. I'll get pictures next time i go out there.

ky55

Just plain old Johnnie Black for me.
I’d love to try some of the others but they are just too much $$ for me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
McClelland's single malt highland is quite drinkable to me for about $30. Those folks who drink and can afford $500-$1000 a bottle stuff may turn their nose up at it, but I'm not one of those people. :)

BeerThirty

McClelland's single malt highland is quite drinkable to me for about $30. Those folks who drink and can afford $500-$1000 a bottle stuff may turn their nose up at it, but I'm not one of those people. :)

I will splurge from time to time, and by that I mean usually once a year when my bonus and my tax refund usually hits within the same month. And by that I mean three $50 bottles at once instead of one $50 bottle every three months. Want to say he most I've ever spent on a bottle was $85, and I cringed at that but it was for deer camp :)

Liquor is such a bad investment it's not even funny. But man it's good when it's good!

K80Shooter

If all I had to drink was scotch...……….. I'd never drink again. I have a bottle of MaCallan 12 that will never be drank, unless I give it away. Good money wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Who's a Scotch drinker?
Not my wife! Never again!
I banded her.

There has to be a story here somewhere.

BeerThirty

If all I had to drink was scotch...……….. I'd never drink again. I have a bottle of MaCallan 12 that will never be drank, unless I give it away. Good money wasted as far as I'm concerned.

There has to be a story here somewhere.

You live close? I'll take that Macallan 12 off your hands. ;)

In all honestly, I find there to be a HUGE difference between the MaCallan 12 and 18. The 18 is straight up one of the best scotches out there and it's the scotch that gave Macallan it's notoriety. It's quintessential of a fine, high-dollar scotch. Lots of people buy the 12 because they gawk at the price of the 18 and then expect the 12 to be something similar. For the money you spend on the 12, there are better tasting scotches out there. Don't buy it just because the name. And if you do, it's gotta be the 18.