Is this legal to hunt deer with?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m not sure ?, but that’s pretty cool and he’s pretty talented ! Gave me a headache watching it in fast forward

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
How is it different than a bow or crossbow.
I don’t recall a definition of either in the regs.
Spears are OK aren’t they?

Slingshots are not legal for any game in Georgia.
Spears are not legal for deer that I know of.
And legal weapon can be used for hogs.
I don’t have the regs in front of me but weapons allowed hasn’t changed in years except for air propelled starting this year.

Slingshots have been illegal to hunt with in Ga for decades.

Last edited:

lampern

They outlawed the use of slingbows this year in North Carolina for deer but are allowing them for turkeys and non game animals like coyotes and hogs.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Impressive for sure

Big7

The Oracle
Slingshots are not legal for any game in Georgia.
Spears are not legal for deer that I know of.
And any weapon can be used for hogs even a hammer or rock.
I don’t have the regs in front of me but weapons allowed hasn’t changed in years except for air propelled starting this year.

Slingshots have been illegal to hunt with in Ga for decades.

Depends on what you call a "sling shot" are you talking a true sling? Like David killed Goliath with?. Or what we used to call a "flip", made with a forked stick and a few strips of inner tube an no support, or a Wrist Rocket with the latex tubing. Both of the latter are legal for small game. Cemetery Oaks in town were very productive with the Wrist Rocket and/or flip. A REAL Sheridan 20cal would do it at longer ranges. It's a shame Benjamin bought Sheridan. They were mostly machined instead of stampings. They would out-shoot all but the most expensive RWS and things in that class.

BUT NO. THAT THING IS NOT LEAGAL FOR DEER IN GEORGIA.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Depends on what you call a "sling shot" are you talking a true sling? Like David killed Goliath with?. Or what we used to call a "flip", made with a forked stick and a few strips of inner tube an no support, or a Wrist Rocket with the latex tubing. Both of the latter are legal for small game. Cemetery Oaks in town were very productive with the Wrist Rocket and/or flip. A REAL Sheridan 20cal would do it at longer ranges. It's a shame Benjamin bought Sheridan. They were mostly machined instead of stampings. They would out-shoot all but the most expensive RWS and things in that class.

BUT NO. THAT THING IS NOT LEAGAL FOR DEER IN GEORGIA.

Show me where Ga law permits hunting game with any slingshot.
I’ve never seen it.

Hillbilly stalker

It's a sling BOW, not a sling SHOT. Marksman actually sales them commercially at Wal Mart. They shoot arrows not shot. Many bushcraft and survivalist use them for bow fishing and other game. Chief AJ has taken several species of big game including whitetail.image.jpegt

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

nmurph

My dad work for the REA and he was always on the lookout for staffs. There was always a supply of them in a cabinet above the refrigerator drying and waiting for the day that they got their turn. He had an endless supply of the electrical safety gloves for rubbers. I grew up with a slingshot in my hand and used to be fairly proficient with one. I've seen my dad kill quail more than once . Like Rufus, he grew up in hard times and put food on the table for his family with his slingshot. He probably would give Rufus a real run for his money. My dad made his last slingshot not long before he passed. He wrote REA, his name, and my son's name on it. I have it put up and one day I will pass it along to my son.

Last edited:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’m not sure I’ve ever hit a dang thang with a slingshot. Always wanted too, always had one, according to Rufus I was always doing it opposite and wrong.
Nobody ever taught me. My neighbor has one handy. I’ll pick it up and try some more.
I use the Big shot throwing a throw ball high in trees and I’m the most accurate person I’ve ever seen to shoot one of those. It’s an oversized slingshot used for a different purpose putting ropes in trees. Fun to shoot.

Hillbilly stalker

I shoot a slingshot pretty regular. I protect a couple gardens from rabbits with one and use one kinda regular training squirrel dog pups. There a lot of cheap fun. It’s pretty much like traditional archery, a lot of instinctive shooting. I work on the cooters heads while I’m pond fishing. In SC it’s illegal to possess a slingshot or blowgun on WMA. I believe you can hunt with a sling bow tho.

Big7

The Oracle
Yes, and it is important to know the difference between a sling shot, flip, and anchored flip. AKA Wrist Rocket they are all covered as primitive weapons, even (maybe, maybe not) implied if not stated. Same as an atlatl or throwing a rock. I killed a bunch of squirrels and a few rabbits when I was a kid with a homemade flip my elderly Nanny made for me and I have 2 wrist rockets that need to be re-tubed. They are good for coon hunting. A 1/4 steel ball at the base of the tail will make a coon come down a tree without having to break out the .22. Kids glass marbles are cheap and hit really hard.

Last edited: