Your 2019/2020 Out Of State Hunting Trips

MidwestAddiction

Looks like I’m gonna help my buddy on his lease in NW Missouri...pretty stoked he’s been threatening me with the opportunity for sometime now and things finally came together and I could not pass it up!!

I’ve been doing a last gas hunt in Alabama for years and will again this year!

Then I’ll be on my lease in Ga!

Man we got to get on a joint hunt after this season- Enjoyed hanging in Kansas last year brotha. Best of luck this year in Missouri!

MidwestAddiction

Seeing lots of interest in Kentucky. What parts, if I may ask? I drive through Western Kentucky on I-24 whenever I'm headed back north and I've always thought it's beautiful country that sure looks like great deer habitat. All the dead ones on the side of the road, too!

Anything really on the corridors of 1-24 or 1-65 (western part of the state). Love it- this will be my 6th year in Kentucky

MidwestAddiction

I did the same. I actually got the tag on my second choice so I could still collect a pref point. That is super impressive that all of y'all got elk on your first hunt. I need to hunt like you guys. I only saw 1 in 5 days last time and that was through the spotter before dark.

Do you guys fly out or drive?

GTHunter

Drive. It is much cheaper and it is nice to have all of my gear and my own truck, but it takes two full days for driving. I stay the night in OKC. Last time I was able to convince my wife to ride with me and then she went up to Denver for the week. I've rented an Airbnb to stay so I'm hoping she is down to ride out again and work from the Airbnb.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Drive. It is much cheaper and it is nice to have all of my gear and my own truck, but it takes two full days for driving. I stay the night in OKC. Last time I was able to convince my wife to ride with me and then she went up to Denver for the week. I've rented an Airbnb to stay so I'm hoping she is down to ride out again and work from the Airbnb.

What unit are you hunting this year? We drew 70.

uturn

Man we got to get on a joint hunt after this season- Enjoyed hanging in Kansas last year brotha. Best of luck this year in Missouri!

Absolutely! It would be my pleasure, I enjoyed sharing camp with you and the kinfolk, JT and Bubba lotta good folk out there but, I’ll go out on a limb and say gonna be hard pressed to get much better than that! Only problem with Huntin hard you don’t get much time to do much sippin n socializing!

I’ll be in Worth County..I believe it’s a whole 5 minutes South of the Iowa line!! Every now n then it’s good to get lucky!!

Good luck to you and all the rest on your Trophy Quest!

Don’t forget to send pictures...we loves us some pictures!

NCMTNHunter

Free range aoudad sheep in west Texas and elk in the Gila in New Mexico. Never hunted aoudad so that will be a new adventure. This will be my second time elk hunting.

All the units around the Gila are awesome draws! That will be a great trip.

Kris87

where at vinton? have you hunted up there prior. we hunt alittle south of there

All over. The farm we're hunting this year is just southeast of Vinton Furnace State Forest. We stay in McArthur.

shotgun

Seeing lots of interest in Kentucky. What parts, if I may ask? I drive through Western Kentucky on I-24 whenever I'm headed back north and I've always thought it's beautiful country that sure looks like great deer habitat. All the dead ones on the side of the road, too!
Great hunting in north west Kentucky. We are headed there again this year.

zaraspook04

Last year was my first ever venture out west. It’s something I always wanted to do and really wish I would not have waited so long to do it. DIY and public land all the way. I saw elk almost every day and heard bugling almost every day as well. I was fortunate to harvest a bull on the 4th day of the 5 day season. I hunted Colorado first rifle and had an either sex tag. The trip was absolutely amazing...packing the elk out was the most physically challenging thing I have ever done...the experience gave me a new take on life.
I applied for the same unit and season as last year and drew again...Same unit, same season, same tag. However this year I am going to try and pick up an OTC mule deer tag for the Oct. 19-27 rifle season.