RTIC Coolers Tariff Surcharge

jollymon

I saw were they were having a sale on some backpacks , 70% off so I thought I would get one for my grandson . I go to check out and see their adding a "Tariff Surcharge "​
I figured that the Tariffs would just cause a bump in the price of goods as a matter of course , But this is just rubbing it in your face and it was on all their products .​
If you have to raise the price to cover costs then do it , My days of buying RTIC products are done . I wonder how their handling it at their new store on the north side of Atlanta . I'd be ticked off if at the register it rings up a surcharge .​

I saw were they were having a sale on some backpacks , 70% off so I thought I would get one for my grandson . I go to check out and see their adding a "Tariff Surcharge "​
I figured that the Tariffs would just cause a bump in the price of goods as a matter of course , But this is just rubbing it in your face and it was on all their products .​
If you have to raise the price to cover costs then do it , My days of buying RTIC products are done . I wonder how their handling it at their new store on the north side of Atlanta . I'd be ticked off if at the register it rings up a surcharge .​

RTIC = BUTTHEADS!!

WAA, WAA, WAAAA.... No such thing as taking one for the team, huh RTIC?? Price it as you need, no Snowflake whining is needed.

Good job @jollymon!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Just for us idiots out here... what / who is RITC?

BeerThirty

Meh.. A bit of an overreaction, don't you think? As far as I'm concerned, at least they are being transparent with their consumers about where the increased costs are coming from. It's easier to justify a cost-increase with your customer base if you can explain why.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Ruff..Tuff..Ice...Cooler?

sinclair1

All my wholesale vendor added a surcharge. They done it like that to show they are eating some of it in the profit margin.

Kinda stupid for retail, but wholesale,if I know the product got popped with 25% and my cost is up 10%, it shows they did infact eat some of it.

Seems counter productive for a retail company to do it that way.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
All my wholesale vendor added a surcharge. They done it like that to show they are eating some of it in the profit margin.

Kinda stupid for retail, but wholesale,if I know the product got popped with 25% and my cost is up 10%, it shows they did infact eat some of it.

Like how you just accept that their cost actually went up 25% but they ONLY passed along a 10% increase to you. Kind of like jewelry stores that constantly have 80% off sales and car dealers that sell cars for $20,000 below cost.

If that IS truly the case then you obviously were overpaying for said item in the first place. By AT LEAST 10% IMHO

sinclair1

Like how you just accept that their cost actually went up 25% but they ONLY passed along a 10% increase to you. Kind of like jewelry stores that constantly have 80% off sales and car dealers that sell cars for $20,000 below cost.

If that IS truly the case then you obviously were overpaying for said item in the first place. By AT LEAST 10% IMHO
No, they and I had a war on our hands. I sell wholesale as well. We compete against non tariff products, so some of my competitors eat the tariff and drastically reduced profit hoping it was a short term deal.

It no different than me eating some freight to compete with amazon who pays about 86% less for shipping.
You actually eat the cost or don’t compete.
It’s Not like building porches,!its online where the lowest price wins or you don’t get the sale.

Sure you can say I will pass it along in full, but for a commodity item, with real competitors, you better be prepared to fold up the shop and run one of those going out of Business sales.

Online shopping has its tricks and algorithms to get the customer to the website. If they add it to the price they will get less traffic as google
Ranks you by price-service-in stock etc. I have a google ranking of 9. The service fees will lower the score that’s related to shipping cost. A high price will crush you to not even show first page search organic or PPC.
The customer sits home acting like they know how to play the online game. A good webmaster makes 250k because the rules change weekly and it’s a full time job not to crush your ranking and not even show when folks search for high end coolers or what ever they plug in.

But yeah, I am stupid and probably should google how to do business online.
Maybe NOYDB can help

sinclair1

Not sure I could advise on how to do business online. But I have been shopping online before the Al Gore invented the internet.
I figure you for more a bottom line shopper, the best price all said is the winner. It's usually the folks with motive who will pay more as long as it goes how they want politically or socially.

sinclair1

My goal is to hold out until all competitors have changed the prices to reflect the tarif. I eat half of it and I pay for that with a strategic buy I made before the tarif where I paid free and clear of any tariffs.

We make about 45% on tarif buys and 70% on holding inventory until it's gone. There was decent profit stocking up before they hit and holding until the prices went up. Then Take a loss on freight to and from.

You need a Elfii to guide you or you will give it back at the end of the year.

We make 200% profit on my current import day job. They have a good gig going as the product gains value as it floats. Much more than China.

NOYDB

BANNED
I figure you for more a bottom line shopper, the best price all said is the winner. It's usually the folks with motive who will pay more as long as it goes how they want politically or socially.

Sort of.

I want the best price for that which will do the job I need do. I will pay a premium for higher quality results.

BeerThirty

My goal is to hold out until all competitors have changed the prices to reflect the tarif. I eat half of it and I pay for that with a strategic buy I made before the tarif where I paid free and clear of any tariffs.

We make about 45% on tarif buys and 70% on holding inventory until it's gone. There was decent profit stocking up before they hit and holding until the prices went up. Then Take a loss on freight to and from.

You need a Elfii to guide you or you will give it back at the end of the year.

We make 200% profit on my current import day job. They have a good gig going as the product gains value as it floats. Much more than China.

What do you trade?