Favorite old car

While I was growing up in the 60s, I loved me some Chevy style. I loved the engines, 265, 283, 327, 350, 396 and the later 454.

I loved the 1965 Impala, thought it might be the most gorgeous thing, ever to roll on wheels. My own first car was a 1964 Sport Fury conv, bought for $350 in 1972. It was in VG condition, and I kept it sparkling. I had the parent of a friend ask how I could own a brand new car...lol. I digress.

I still love the the 65 Impala, but a couple older models really rock me now. The 61 with bubble back window and the sweet 62. (yes, it did say 63, but I tried to type 62) The 64 was flat, and a FLOP....LOL.

Which ones get your motors cranked?

The Sport Fury here is exactly like mine was, in the day, except I had Cragars on front, chrome reverse on back.

pp,650x642-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8 (1).jpg
17036342-1962-chevrolet-impala-srcset-retina-md.jpg

16735022-1962-chevrolet-impala-srcset-retina-md.jpg

Last edited:

baddave

i wanted a 67 camaro w/327 but it would have cost about $1200.. so i settled w/ a 66 stang w/ 289 for $600..i put american mags on and a paint job .. i think i'd still love a 67 camaro

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mannn, that’s a tough one for sure.

I’m partial to the ‘56 Chevy Bel Air.

First of all because I was born in ‘56, and 2nd because we (Dad) had one when I was a kid.

Also, my Dad played around with Hobby class Saturday night oval dirt and asphalt race cars. His first one was a ‘57 Chevy, then later on he had a ‘56 setup for a 1/2 mile asphalt track in Baton Rouge. His first race at that track he lapped every car in the field(about 20).

I’ll never forget that, all the other drivers protested his win @ $100.00 ea. The rules were, if they found nothing illegal on his car, he kept their $$$.

At the last second they relented and dropped their protest.

Ol NASCAR driver Freddy Fryar helped him set it up for that track.

sinclair1

I like a 55 Chevy and 53 Chevy trucks, for the 60's it was camaros and for exotic 70's the MIURA was it for me.

I am not brand loyal and like all cars. I also plan to own most of my dream car brands in this lifetime.

sinclair1

Honorable mention for a 67 Chevy II, 67 Ford fairlane and my wildcard is a Chevy luv truck with a Small block.

bilgerat

Senior
I had a 67 mustang GT fastback when I was a senior in high school, me and My cousin pulled the lil 289 and swapped it with 390 and a 4 speed out of a 69 grand torino. it would eat Camaros for lunch. only car in south cobb co that could beat it off the line was a friends GTX with the 440 six pack. Man I loved that car. 1967_00015_05.jpg

BeerThirty

You guys are a bit older than me. I can certainly appreciate the cars from the 50's and 60's, but I don't know, I just really like a '78 camaro.

sinclair1

I had a 67 mustang GT fastback when I was a senior in high school, me and My cousin pulled the lil 289 and swapped it with 390 and a 4 speed out of a 69 grand torino. it would eat Camaros for lunch. only car in south cobb co that could beat it off the line was a friends GTX with the 440 six pack. Man I loved that car. View attachment 975969
Beautiful car but a maroon chevelle and bright yellow 55 owned south Cobb county. ::ke: All proven at Dallas dragway.

70 cuda was nice but I was not much of a mopar guy. It would be in my collection if I had a Leno style garage.

I like them all, some styles just catch my eye. The 70 AMX I owned is one of those styles. I've always liked the Cuda and Challenger, but never owned one. I did own a 69 Road Runner though, yellow, black vynil top. 4sp, with bench seat. Looked like this one...

And, believe it or not, the girl I dated at the time was hotter than the babe in this pic....lol.

1969-plymouth-road-runner.jpg

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I had a 67 mustang GT fastback when I was a senior in high school, me and My cousin pulled the lil 289 and swapped it with 390 and a 4 speed out of a 69 grand torino. it would eat Camaros for lunch. only car in south cobb co that could beat it off the line was a friends GTX with the 440 six pack. Man I loved that car. View attachment 975969
My older brother's 1st car was a red 65 Mustang Fastback.