Post those Hunting Gear Deals!!!

Gaswamp

Morakniv 2 piece set, lightweight carbon steel hunting knives.

I've bought a good number of Mora (made in Sweden) knives for myself (one in each car) and as give aways to hunting Buds. Some are SS and some are carbon steel, but the ones I own of carbon steel have fared very well, with minimal maintenance. VERY lightweight and take an excellent edge.

They are not Randalls, but are handy and very inexpensive and you won't have a stroke if you realize after your 2 mile hike back to your truck, that your knife was left at the gut pile....

Cannot beat this deal, IMHO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pc-Mora-Morakniv-Basic-511-8-Carbon-Steel-Black-Camp-Survival-Knife-Lot-01830/132224807220?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160811114145&meid=b0c0fd49fcb743c7991b0b9ad2a41503&pid=100667&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=132224807220&itm=132224807220&pg=2045573&_trksid=p2045573.c100667.m2042

View attachment 977007

great knives for the money

shdw633

Morakniv 2 piece set, lightweight carbon steel hunting knives.

I've bought a good number of Mora (made in Sweden) knives for myself (one in each car) and as give aways to hunting Buds. Some are SS and some are carbon steel, but the ones I own of carbon steel have fared very well, with minimal maintenance. VERY lightweight and take an excellent edge.

They are not Randalls, but are handy and very inexpensive and you won't have a stroke if you realize after your 2 mile hike back to your truck, that your knife was left at the gut pile....

Cannot beat this deal, IMHO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pc-Mora-Morakniv-Basic-511-8-Carbon-Steel-Black-Camp-Survival-Knife-Lot-01830/132224807220?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160811114145&meid=b0c0fd49fcb743c7991b0b9ad2a41503&pid=100667&rk=1&rkt=6&mehot=pp&sd=132224807220&itm=132224807220&pg=2045573&_trksid=p2045573.c100667.m2042

View attachment 977007

The one you posted is Carbon Steel, here is the stainless steel version on Ebay as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pc-Lot-M...swAAOSw8KxbTjxZ:sc:USPSFirstClass!32712!US!-1

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for the heads up on the Morakniv. Looks like a good deal.

Both ebay web links for the carbon & stainless steel versions are titled "2 Pc" which means 2 Piece & photos for both show 2 knives in sheaths for the posted price.

Just to be sure, does "2 Pc" mean "1 knife & 1 sheath" or "2 knives & 2 sheaths"???

If the ebay deals are for 2 knives, the deal I'll post below will not be as good of a deal, but if it's for 1 knife then below is worth considering also.

The Morakniv deal below with 1 knife & 1 sheath only has the stainless steel version left with a 4-inch blade (ebay deals have 3.5-inch blades) which has state taxes & $6 shipping fee, but Amazon Prime Members get a discount & free shipping. Also, this deal below "ends on July 27 at 12AM CT".

https://sport.woot.com/offers/morakniv-fixed-blade-outdoor-knife?ref=w_cnt_gw_zlm_lc_4

71fQE6359FL._SL1500_.jpg

71s5XKodatL._SL1500_.jpg

rosewood

For anyone that would like to see one up close, I saw those knives at Academy sports yesterday. One was like $14.99 and the other one was $19.99. Seems like the $14.99 one had a slightly shorter blade.

Rosewood

Thanks for the heads up on the Morakniv. Looks like a good deal.

Both ebay web links for the carbon & stainless steel versions are titled "2 Pc" which means 2 Piece & photos for both show 2 knives in sheaths for the posted price.

Just to be sure, does "2 Pc" mean "1 knife & 1 sheath" or "2 knives & 2 sheaths"???

If the ebay deals are for 2 knives, the deal I'll post below will not be as good of a deal, but if it's for 1 knife then below is worth considering also.

The Morakniv deal below with 1 knife & 1 sheath only has the stainless steel version left with a 4-inch blade (ebay deals have 3.5-inch blades) which has state taxes & $6 shipping fee, but Amazon Prime Members get a discount & free shipping. Also, this deal below "ends on July 27 at 12AM CT".

https://sport.woot.com/offers/morakniv-fixed-blade-outdoor-knife?ref=w_cnt_gw_zlm_lc_4

71fQE6359FL._SL1500_.jpg

71s5XKodatL._SL1500_.jpg

The Ebay deal I posted is for two knives and includes 2 sheaths. They both have black handles and are the same size.

0725190646-1.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Probably one of the best field knives made mass production wise. The only people who don't respect a Mora are the people who haven't owned one. I have several, one of the best steels on the market and probably the sharpest knife many people will own. That's a good deal on them.(y)

Mora makes a fine knife.

Twinkie .308

Heritage Rough Rider 22 lr for $129.99 at Academy. After the $20 off coupon, its $109.99 plus tax. Guess I'll have to order the 22 mag cylinder separately for $30 but I couldn't resist. This sale is only for the "High Caliber Dad" grips model. The guy at the counter told me you can only buy what is available in store. The McDonough location had a few left. The sale ends Saturday, July 27th. Sorry for the short notice but I just found it. Y'all go clean em' out.

Link to the gun:
https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/heritage-rough-rider-22-lr-6-shot-revolver#repChildCatid=6899697

Link to the coupon: https://www.academy.com/shop/store/WeeklyAd

6262019215741.jpg

Hillbilly stalker

I don’t know if y’all are aware....but if your a Veteran, Academy will give you a 10% discount on all firearms. Even on top of any deal or sale they have going on. Just bring in your DD214 and/or Military I.D. It’s good for active duty soldiers also

TakoKat

I don’t know if y’all are aware....but if your a Veteran, Academy will give you a 10% discount on all firearms. Even on top of any deal or sale they have going on. Just bring in your DD214 and/or Military I.D. It’s good for active duty soldiers also
well, ill have to take advantage of that.
Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly stalker

You might have to speak with the manager because some of the young uns at the counter aren't aware, but I got the info from the store manager.

shdw633

I wonder if you can just show your license with VET printed on it?

There is a website called Id.me that you can become verified as a veteran on it and join and they will send you a card with your information on it. We had to use it this year to get the free Sea World or Busch Garden tickets that the give free to veterans and active military each summer.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Got an ameristep doghouse ground blind at dunham’s For $49.99 with a weekly email coupon

TakoKat

Just went today and found out that this is not a year round thing. They do it a few times a year, most recently being around 4th of July. The next time they will offer this is around veterans day.