Dogging Bear Quota Hunt

Christian hughey

Along with the other 5 I knew that drawed for it and I'm sure the other guys on here had friends not get drawed as well. I'm not really being serious but I'm interested to see if anyone on the forum gets pulled.

greg_n_clayton

This is the first year I have ever applied for any quota hunt. I put in for a alligator one, and of course wasn't picked. I got question about the point thing. I understand you recieve 1 point when your not picked. Do you use that point next time for that particular species hunt, or can you use it in a different species hunt ?

Christian hughey

This is the first year I have ever applied for any quota hunt. I put in for a alligator one, and of course wasn't picked. I got question about the point thing. I understand you recieve 1 point when your not picked. Do you use that point next time for that particular species hunt, or can you use it in a different species hunt ?
That species only. I have different points for wma deer and state park deer and Turkey and it is hunt specific.

Coon Dog

Deer season is to long you have a lot more time to kill a bear than a short 9 day dog season most of you will never kill a bear because you do not no how to hunt the mountains and will always be unsmarted by the bear I think if people put in for a dog hunt and do not hunt with dogs or even show up with dogs they should be ban from ever being able to apply for any quote hunt in ga or picked for the rest of there life then you guys would not apply and mess up the system

whitetailfreak

Deer season is to long you have a lot more time to kill a bear than a short 9 day dog season most of you will never kill a bear because you do not no how to hunt the mountains and will always be unsmarted by the bear I think if people put in for a dog hunt and do not hunt with dogs or even show up with dogs they should be ban from ever being able to apply for any quote hunt in ga or picked for the rest of there life then you guys would not apply and mess up the system

Irony if I've ever seen it

greg_n_clayton

All hail the mighty dog hunter! How can us bowhunters ever be the great white hunters all of y’all are? Please teach us!
I can !! I don't give a rat's rearend either way ! ! I do like working a dog though ! Only reason fot the hunt is they want to thin them out some ! They are everywhere here ! One was hit by a car yesterday right up the road ! Another was trying to get in a house about 5 miles away...according to the poolice scanner !! I don't like eatting something that smells worse than a pig anyways !!

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I can !! I don't give a rat's rearend either way ! ! I do like working a dog though ! Only reason fot the hunt is they want to thin them out some ! They are everywhere here ! One was hit by a car yesterday right up the road ! Another was trying to get in a house about 5 miles away...according to the poolice scanner !! I don't like eatting something that smells worse than a pig anyways !!

They won’t ‘thin them out’.. If houndsmen shot em all. They wouldn’t have anything to hunt. They want and need a growing bear population. Otherwise the opportunities go out the window..

humdandy

Banned

Puncuations are free. Toss a few in from time to time.

Buckman18

These tags were paid for long ago. That’s what dictated the timing. Outta staters.. What did y’all expect? $$ talks.. I think it shoulda been resident only..

I can tell you that there were non residents selected. That is INSANE!!! There is no way a non resident should ever be picked over a resident.

Last edited:

Buckman18

Even though Bowers decided to screw me and my fellow bow hunters, I want to congratulate him for his new role with DNR, and I bought him a gift to help him be successful. Anyone know the address he’s at so I can ship it to him?

View attachment 978444

How’s Ol’ Bowers is liking his new role now? I’ve got something else to help him with a ‘Special Project’ that needs immediate attention.

7C15B9B5-31F5-4284-99C1-D563B0FE7ECE.jpeg

Last edited:

Christian hughey

These tags were paid for long ago. That’s what dictated the timing. Outta staters.. What did y’all expect? $$ talks.. I think it shoulda been resident only..
I have
I can tell you that there were non residents selected. That is INSANE!!! There is no way a non resident should ever be picked over a resident.
The idea that residents do not come first in this quota is wrong and they know it. I did find out that priority points are built for this hunt but still residents should definitely come first. Non resident tags in Georgia aren't nearly as much as other states, so the revenue wouldn't generate enough to make it worth ticking off all the hard working, TAX paying Georgians.