Pig chasing

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
I goofed on one yesterday. Rascal came up off the river bank no holds barred bolting.. I didn’t even have time to raise my gun.. Find a nice shady wet drain, they’re around..

hambone76

I goofed on one yesterday. Rascal came up off the river bank no holds barred bolting.. I didn’t even have time to raise my gun.. Find a nice shady wet drain, they’re around..
Yep. They’re hitting the creekbottom wallows pretty hard right now. The lack of rain has all of the upland wallows rock solid. They gotta come down low to cool off now. Makes finding them a little bit easier.

Todd Cook

Just got out of the woods. The wife and I went for a little stroll this morning to where I THOUGHT I had some pigs located. Not near as much sign as 2 weeks ago but still some fresh. Saw several squirrels but none were harmed :). Saw two deer and we both watched a buck rubbing off his velvet for about 5 minutes. That was pretty cool.

hambone76

No work in the morning so I think I will try some spots in the morning until it heats up, be there at daylight.

Good luck. I’m going in late Thursday morning to hunt over a big wallow that I found. The edge of it had a rather large impression from what looked to be a decent sized pig. I’ll probably sit over it from about 9:30-1:00.
Friday I’ll be able to go in before daylight and slip around, then go back to the wallow when it heats up.

strothershwacker

Good luck. I’m going in late Thursday morning to hunt over a big wallow that I found. The edge of it had a rather large impression from what looked to be a decent sized pig. I’ll probably sit over it from about 9:30-1:00.
Friday I’ll be able to go in before daylight and slip around, then go back to the wallow when it heats up.
That impressions where I slipped and fell.

Stump Shooter

Well busted one up while trying to drag myself out of there about 1030, soaking wet from sweat, never saw him got the old Huff sound and he busted out of there. Saw 2 deer and found a group of crab apple trees just loaded with apples. Public land, I am sure I am not the only one who knows about them but I a sure going to try and buy me some time there. Hog and deer sign says they are already checking them out.

hambone76

I’ve been settled in for an hour or so. Got a late start due to getting off shift at 8:00.
There’s more rooting and the wallows have been getting a lot of use. The wallow I am sitting over has cloudy water in it.....I may have already had visitors in this one today.

hambone76

I got an early start this morning and covered a lot of ground. I found quite a bit of fresh rooting but never saw a single pig.
It’s hard to believe how agile these pigs are. They are traversing the terrain out here just as well as the deer. Don’t go out there thinking that they’ll all be down low. I’ve been finding a lot of bedding and feeding sign up high as
well. Muscadines are dropping and the squirrels were cutting some Red Oak acorns this morning. It won’t be long until the pigs find those and start cleaning up the acorns after the squirrels knock a few out.