Anyone tried this?

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Many of you know that I hate mosquitoes, biting flies, gnats etc...or at least you may know I complain about them a lot :bounce: I also hate the smell and greasy feel of bug spray, but of course use it like it's going out of style especially when in the woods this time of year. I also really hate using it when just in the backyard shooting, but the danged devil bugs eat me alive!

I ran across Ranger Ready products and they have a Zero Scent version. I bit the bullet (not cheap) and bought a bottle and although I havent used it in the yard or woods yet, it literally has no scent and the little bit I sprayed on my arm didnt feel greasy.

Any reviews from yall???

https://rangerready.com/collections...er-ready-trigger-spray-scent-zero-235ml-8-0oz

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBHXZ33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Haven`t tried that, JT, but I started using this last year. I don`t even carry my Thermocell with me anymore.

https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/ter...MIzdOh54rM5AIVD__jBx0olwcZEAQYAyABEgJeIfD_BwE

I ordered a bottle of it when you posted this a month or so ago. Have put it on my hat and all around my ears and ankles etc and the skeeters and the biting flies are still getting me. I havent wiped it over all exposed skin, but that will be my next step. Does seem to help with the gnats

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I ordered a bottle of it when you posted this a month or so ago. Have put it on my hat and all around my ears and ankles etc and the skeeters and the biting flies are still getting me. I havent wiped it over all exposed skin, but that will be my next step. Does seem to help with the gnats

You must be extra good to them bugs! Skeeters, South Georgia gnats, and yeller flies stay away from me with that stuff on.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Do let us know how well it works, JT. And I too hate to use bug spray. Makes my skin burn. I may spray my clothing down with spray if I am just out there scouting around. I'll use my thermacell once in awhile while hunting, but not all the time. That thing does work. You don't own a thermacell?

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Do let us know how well it works, JT. And I too hate to use bug spray. Makes my skin burn. I may spray my clothing down with spray if I am just out there scouting around. I'll use my thermacell once in awhile while hunting, but not all the time. That thing does work. You don't own a thermacell?

This ^ for both Jim and Nick. Deet doesn't bother my skin, I just can't stand the smell and I know the deer smell it as well as the Thermocell. It looks like either one of those might be a winner.

Note to self - get Thermocell out of gear bag tonight and put it in knapsack with fresh element and fuel. Opening day is upon us! :banana::banana::banana:

Silver Britches

This ^ for both Jim and Nick. Deet doesn't bother my skin, I just can't stand the smell and I know the deer smell it as well as the Thermocell. It looks like either one of those might be a winner.

Note to self - get Thermocell out of gear bag tonight and put it in knapsack with fresh element and fuel. Opening day is upon us! :banana::banana::banana:
Make sure the Thermacell will light. I had one quit lighting a few years ago. Not sure what happened. Had to toss it in the trash.

Oh, and don't forget your bow and arrows. ::ke::bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Always have the thermacell in the backpack, but it aint worth a flip when scouting or when shooting in the backyard. Keeps them from biting me when I am standing still, but not when moving

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I dont care too much that the deer can smell the bug spray, but I cant stand the smell of it. Plus yall know that I gotta say...if the deer is smelling my ug spray, they are smelling my booty too :rofl:

Silver Britches

Always have the thermacell in the backpack, but it aint worth a flip when scouting or when shooting in the backyard. Keeps them from biting me when I am standing still, but not when moving

Yeah, if moving it's not going to work right away. While target shooting, may have to place 2 or 3 of them around for best results. But you'd probably be going through a lot of fuel and pads if you're out there very long. Or, just wallow in a bunch of thick mud. That'd work for sure. :bounce:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member

I had a similar experience several weeks ago with the Doterra. If anything it seemed to attract sand gnats. I haven't tried it on the mosquitoes and gnats at home yet. I would be interested in reports on the Ranger Ready stuff.

bilgerat

Senior
I bought a can of "no stinking bugs" spray a few years ago and it worked good, it was a no smell bug spray I found at sportsmans warehouse in chattanooga / havent seen it in the stores around here thou

Sixes

It won't do you any good for walking but as far as your yard goes, are there not any mosquito spraying companies up there?

My buddy owns one down here and has sprayed my yard the last few years and I never see any type of biters flying around.

Same at our club, he sprays around the camp and poof, no skeeters or flies

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
It won't do you any good for walking but as far as your yard goes, are there not any mosquito spraying companies up there?

My buddy owns one down here and has sprayed my yard the last few years and I never see any type of biters flying around.

Same at our club, he sprays around the camp and poof, no skeeters or flies

Havent thought about it, but the small towns spray for it so I guess there's some validity to it

Sixes

I have a pool in the backyard and folks over most every weekend and no one ever mentions mosquitoes anymore. Before we started having it sprayed, it was a constant battle and trying everything under the sun to keep from getting ate up about dark.

Dbender

Not sure where to buy other than online but this stuff works great and isn't greasy, doesn't burn and has very little smell. I've been using the same bottle for years. Super easy to carry in a pack or pocket, quiet to put on, works excellent, pretty much scent free.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-212428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-212428_Chrome.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 44
Last edited: