I'm worn out! Update.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Finally got a chance to work on my lease. My buddy helped me with his tractor. As pics will show, it's a grown up cutover with 1 year old pines.

We had to bush hog the road from the pavement in. Mowed to my shooting house, then mowed a new road to another area, then dropped the mower & hooked up plows & turned 2 new food plot areas.

Road going in.
Screenshot_20190923-220711_Gallery.jpg

Before mowing/discing in front of shooting house.
Screenshot_20190923-220426_Gallery.jpg

Ready to plant.Screenshot_20190923-220501_Gallery.jpg

It sure was hot, but we got a lot done.

4HAND

Staff member
Good job.
Where about sis our new lease ?
It's not new, this is the 4th year I've leased it.
1st year pine plantation. Then pine beetles struck.
2nd year cutover.
3rd year replanted, nearly as bare as a pasture & hard to hunt.
This year completely overgrown & eat up with deer sign.
100 acres in Suwannee County Fl.

And why weren't you down here with that big nice tractor of yours helping on "our" lease?!
??

Big7

The Oracle
Finally got a chance to work on my lease. My buddy helped me with his tractor. As pics will show, it's a grown up cutover with 1 year old pines.

We had to bush hog the road from the pavement in. Mowed to my shooting house, then mowed a new road to another area, then dropped the mower & hooked up plows & turned 2 new food plot areas.

Road going in.
View attachment 984071

Before mowing/discing in front of shooting house.
View attachment 984072

Ready to plant.View attachment 984073

It sure was hot, but we got a lot done.

Looks like a good plan.

Hope y'all get some rain. ?

Big7

The Oracle
Me too. Dry as a powder house.
I'm holding off planting, hoping for rain.

If you have a pond, creek or river- you can pump water pretty cheap. I'm sure you already know that. Just a suggestion.

I had 2 , half acre plots and 2 about. quarter acre plot on a lease on the Warren/ Hancock line behind the Ogeechee WMA. That WMA has been closed a few years. That area has more deer than Carter's Liver Pills.

One mile crossing the WMA to our gate. One more mile to the river.

Short story is, if you got water, and a Harbor Freight pump 12 vdc pump, you have a very chance of success.

Good Luck. Hope you get some rain !!!

4HAND

Staff member
If you have a pond, creek or river- you can pump water pretty cheap. I'm sure you already know that. Just a suggestion.

I had 2 , half acre plots and 2 about. quarter acre plot on a lease on the Warren/ Hancock line behind the Ogeechee WMA. That WMA has been closed a few years. That area has more deer than Carter's Liver Pills.

One mile crossing the WMA to our gate. One more mile to the river.

Short story is, if you got water, and a Harbor Freight pump 12 vdc pump, you have a very chance of success.

Good Luck. Hope you get some rain !!!

Unfortunately no water source on property.

Deer farming is hard work.

But it sure is fun!

4HAND

Staff member
Planted a 3 blend of oats wheat & rye, soybeans & purple top turnips.

Lilly001

That's some real purty sugar sand you got there.