Core lokts.....do you like em?

KentuckyHeadhunter

I personally love them in my 30-06 and 30-30. To me they are the Budweiser of bullets. Inexpensive, easy to find, and a very consistent formula. (Although the results with both can vary...ha). I heard there were some issues a while back but I haven't had any issues with them in 25 years. Any die hard core lokt fans?

What he said ^^^. Ive used them some, but a very good friend and hunting buddy swore off them out of a 30/06 on deer after evidence of several opening poorly. I trust a fella who may likely have more deer kills than me (over 100) and the fact that he used them for about 20 yrs.

Big7

The Oracle
I handload a lot. If I'm out, I'll buy the green and yellow box Core-Lokt. They are consistent and accurate and on the high velocity spire projectiles, the exposed lead is minimal, unlike silver box Winchester and a few others.

I'd go with them all day long if I didn't enjoy handloading and tinkering so much.

Just my 2 cents.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Used to love them and swear by them. The last few years, though, anything that says "Remington" on it is pure junk, sadly. They went from one of the best and most trusted firearm and ammunition brands to crap after they sold out to Cerebus Capital. The last box of Remington ammo I bought had five duds in it. The rifles go off when you take the safety off. It's pitiful.

Hillbilly stalker

Used to love them and swear by them. The last few years, though, anything that says "Remington" on it is pure junk, sadly. They went from one of the best and most trusted firearm and ammunition brands to crap after they sold out to Cerebus Capital. The last box of Remington ammo I bought had five duds in it. The rifles go off when you take the safety off. It's pitiful.
Remington 700 ?

Horns

I handload a lot. If I'm out, I'll buy the green and yellow box Core-Lokt. They are consistent and accurate and on the high velocity spire projectiles, the exposed lead is minimal, unlike silver box Winchester and a few others.

I'd go with them all day long if I didn't enjoy handloading and tinkering so much.

Just my 2 cents.
I’m polar opposite. Give me them Winchester Power Points in all my guns

Buford_Dawg

Deer hunted for 44 years this fall. Have killed hundreds of deer thru the years. Every single one of them killed with my 30-06, 30-30, 243, 270, 7mm Mag, 7mm-08 and 308 were killed with a CoreLokt bullet. Never had a misfire or FTF, ever, ever. All I will shoot. My gun cabinet have ALOT of CoreLokt cartridges laying around ;)

Big7

The Oracle

Firearms maybe?

Not any of their ammo. Their Golden Sabre is issue in a lot of PD's. The ammo, across the line is superb. From Core lokt right on up to their premium big game cartridges.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. ?

Big7

The Oracle
Only core lokt I’ve ever recovered entered at base of the neck on right side and penatrated to just under the skin on the left ham 180gn sp in 308win

Proof is in the pudding. About as good a mushroom and weight retention as one could ask for in a cartridge that won't break the bank.

Buckman18

Exact same scenario and thoughts with me and mine.

"Green touching yellow will JIP a fellow."

We switched to Winchester and Hornady Ammo about 12 years ago. The only Remington anything in my house is an old 700 30-06 from 70's my grandfather left me.