Jailbreak time for a driveler #303

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It can get cold in Florida . Especially those swamps in the Panhandle.

It`s a comforting thing to hear that rain on the tin roof. Chief, one of my good friends was in New Orleans last week and brought me back a pound of Cafe Du Monde. First I`ve had in nearly 40 years. That`s some good stuff.

Indeed it is, Nic. (y)

Wish I had a big ol steaming hot BOLD cup of that right now. I can still remember the aroma of the French market and the Cafe Du Monde wafting in the air in that area when in close proximity back in the day. You could actually smell it.......

Speaking of aroma in the air, my fire is still alive! Going on about 3 weeks now. Just add some kindling, and Voila'.IMG_2289.jpg

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yeah, just pulled up the radar and my guys are scrambling to get the ball fields ready just in case the games can be played tonight. At least we got the flowers put up, now we just need to get the plastic up and that will be it at the house!

It`s supposed to be over here by dinner time, give or take. Soon as it`s gone we outa here.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Indeed it is, Nic. (y)

Wish I had a big ol steaming hot BOLD cup of that right now. I can still remember the aroma of the French market and the Cafe Du Monde wafting in the air in that area when in close proximity back in the day. You could actually smell it.......

Speaking of aroma in the air, my fire is still alive! Going on about 3 weeks now. Just add some kindling, and Voila'.View attachment 990899

That`s begging for a 2 inch untrimmed thick ribeye laid right over the top of that fire. :cheers:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
That is plumb cool the way you keep that fire a goin!(y)

I do it every year, have been for a good many years. I reckon that's why Caitlin dubbed me Caveman. :rofl:

I did cook a lot on the open fire also back in the day. I need to get back to that. I've got to get with the Blacksmith Nic hooked me up with and get some fire irons. Thinkin about makin that MY Christmas present, I just haven't told MizT yet. :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nice pic's,,,,that kittie is beautiful,,,,

I did everything I could to get it to stop and look at me, and it just wouldn`t. Never had that happen before. It was only about 40 yards from me.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Keebs, late last night I had all ready put that chunk log on there and got it cherry red underneath. There was a lot of dry ash from burning all day and some big chunks of cherry red coals. I pushed everything up tight, and shoveled dry ash on top covering it, just as it began to sprinkle rain.

This morning all the ash was soaking wet on top. I gently drug it back and away, and there were the hot coals and the entire bottom of that fat log. Stuck a few sticks of kindling under that log and set that other one next to it, and BAMMM!

That firepit is larger than it appears, making that chunk log look small. It was short. but Fat. Those rocks are BIG.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Good morning from ATL, what a mess!!!!!!

Lawd help us if we get a flake of snow because folks are lost in the rain. Must have been 20 wrecks this morning.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My brother was out sledge hammering the brakes loose on his truck in STL this morning. I chuckled looking at all the idiots piled up and no ice here.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Keebs, late last night I had all ready put that chunk log on there and got it cherry red underneath. There was a lot of dry ash from burning all day and some big chunks of cherry red coals. I pushed everything up tight, and shoveled dry ash on top covering it, just as it began to sprinkle rain.

This morning all the ash was soaking wet on top. I gently drug it back and away, and there were the hot coals and the entire bottom of that fat log. Stuck a few sticks of kindling under that log and set that other one next to it, and BAMMM!

That firepit is larger than it appears, making that chunk log look small. It was short. but Fat. Those rocks are BIG.

This man knows how to bank a fire.

Keebs, go check out the two buck videos I just posted to Facebook. You`ll see some territorial behavior most folks never get to see.

One is downloaded, the other will be through in about 7 more minutes.

Cmp1

BANNED
My brother was out sledge hammering the brakes loose on his truck in STL this morning. I chuckled looking at all the idiots piled up and no ice here.
The flatlanders that come up here think 4wd is all that,,,,not good on ice,,,,

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
I personally know this man, can't wait to see him and get the story!!
75220831_2521563917891753_3785706396578742272_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.