Favorite combat shotgun?

Ray357

AWOL
I'm not much of a shotgunner and got rid of all mine a while ago but if I was gonna get back into the scattergun game, I'd be drawn to the Langdon Edition 1301

https://www.langdontactical.com/ltt-1301-shotgun-preorders-closed-add-your-name-to-the-wishlist/

Also, for the record, I've had more Mossberg 500 series shotguns go down on me than KelTec KSGs :stir::stir::stir:
I have had more 870 and 1100 go down on me than Kel Tec. Of course I have never shot the Kel Tec so......

The 590 ain't a regular 500. I have never had or seen a 590 go down, and I have shot a lot with them and seen them shot quite a bit. I am sure they do fail.

Ray357

AWOL
Shorty
I lengthened the forcing cone and polished the bore up good. Installed night sights
that is a 12" LOP Hogue butt stock and it has the police trigger group.
did shoot a 23 with it on the skeet field..that drew some attention...loud as thunder.
View attachment 1078957
View attachment 1078958
View attachment 1078959
View attachment 1078960View attachment 1078961

he doesn't see combat either...think he will do just fine if he does
Nice shotgun. Got me wanting to run down and see the Cerakote guy.

I've got the 590A1 and the shockwave with pistol brace. Like them both. I believe my friends have more fun with them than i do.

weagle

I've never been in Combat but my home defense gun is an 870 Police magnum, because I'm thoroughly familiar with it and trust the reliability and speed. I can run it faster, but I'm comfortable transitioning targets at this speed:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dslc6487

I am an old man, 75, and a combat veteran of Vietnam. I carried a Winchester
Model 12 with either 00 buck of #1 buck, whichever was sent out to us. It was a pump and you had 5 shots. It was awesome, only problem was, when you ran out of the 5 rounds, it seemed like it took forever to get it reloaded. I soon passed it off and got a Colt M16. When it ran out of rounds, you just mashed a button, the magazine would drop out of the bottom, you could slap another magazine in it, hit another button and you were good to go. Regardless of whatever you carry, combat is not fun.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Nobody likes the AA12?
I had a guy try to sell me one of those at a flea market once. The one with the happy switch. I think he was an agent of some sort. I did not buy it.

Balrog

I have a Mossberg 930 SPX and its a very good gun. I had a Benelli M2 years ago, and it was good too, but I like the Mossberg better.

For pump action, I like the Mossberg 500 or 590, I don’t think it matter which you pick.

I am not in combat, but not sure I would pick a shotgun if I was.

Robust Redhorse

No doubt, an M4, if I had the money.

I picked up a JM Pro a few years ago and have to say that it is pretty dang good for the price.

I'd like to step it up to a new generation JM Pro, if that chance comes along.

Since I'd rather buy a gun than make my house payment, an M4 for the right price would suck me in.

Reactions: Dub

ChidJ

2k for the plain jane boring version. Getting closer to 3k for the more desirable M1014 marked versions or ones with the collapsible stock or the H20 version. Makes me regret not grabbing one back when you could find them for 1800

Dub

How well does the M2 (tactical config) stack up against the M4 ?

ChidJ

@Dub I think they are both quality but with that being said, the operating system is completely different so its hard to compare them like apples to apples