Useless Billy done climbed #1,188 mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
But, the old dude at the end of No Country for Old Men was very cool when he said it.
Yeah there’s a lot about that movie that I don’t understand. Sometimes the Cohens almost parody themselves. They didn’t do it with that but they got close to the line.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Yeah there’s a lot about that movie that I don’t understand. Sometimes the Cohens almost parody themselves. They didn’t do it with that but they got close to the line.

Something about that scene, and when the sherriff is describing his dreams at the end tie the whole movie together for me. It's an occasional occupant of my top 5 list.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Thats cause you weren’t there for the mountain hunter battle the other day. I would put the first several pages of thisun up agin any.

Still hate I mist all that. But, very glad we have "real mountain man" in the billy vocabulary now.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Something about that scene, and when the sherriff is describing his dreams at the end tie the whole movie together for me. It's an occasional occupant of my top 5 list.

It's kinda like the post funeral scene of the Deerhunter putting a bow on it all, I guess. That is also an occasional occupant of the top 5 list........awful hunting scenes notwithstanding.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I think you could play that scene right after the opening monologue and it would make sense.

I have always enjoyed postmodernism (or at least what I understand it to be), and No Country has a lot of those themes for me. Cormac McCarthy is also a favorite author.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I enjoyed it and symbolism and metaphor have their place but at some point it’s trying to be too clever to me. There’s beauty in just saying something in plain language too. Funny that t you mention that scene. I agree it’s good but it makes no sense to me at all. No idea what he was trying to say and I would argue a small town sheriff in Texas wouldn’t talk like that anyway. That’s part of what I mean by trying to be too clever.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
It's kinda like the post funeral scene of the Deerhunter putting a bow on it all, I guess. That is also an occasional occupant of the top 5 list........awful hunting scenes notwithstanding.
Would you believe I’ve never seen that?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
The current political situation in our once great country sux. Too much pantywaistin' and hurt feelings.

Done.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I enjoyed it and symbolism and metaphor have their place but at some point it’s trying to be too clever to me. There’s beauty in just saying something in plain language too. Funny that t you mention that scene. I agree it’s good but it makes no sense to me at all. No idea what he was trying to say and I would argue a small town sheriff in Texas wouldn’t talk like that anyway. That’s part of what I mean by trying to be too clever.

The part about God coming into his life was definitely corny. I always figured the old man was saying what the movie spent a few hours trying to say......the bad in people had outmatched the good in the Sherriff. "What you got ain't nuttin new.....", or, "no country for old men." I don't like being preached at by movies at all, and appreciated that they were indifferent to the moral of the story, just kinda tellin' whut it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.