What's on/off of I-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
One of these days we're going to drive out I-10.

Is there anything of interest between say Fla and Dallas TX?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member

Well, I-10 dont go anywhere near Dallas, Texas. Hope that didnt disapoint you.:)

But there is Mobile, New Orleans, they Bayou country, Houston and lots of stuff along and near that route.
I have never vacationed down there so dont know specifics to tell you.

jai bo

bunch of ducks and mexicans towing vehicles to take back to sell in mexico...........

I use I10 almost day after day, and I will attest to Mexicans hauling junk cars from Miami to Mexico. The only good spot I would think of after Pensacola, is New Orleans...after that nothing special.:huh::hair::huh:

Havana Dude

I-10 is rough as a cob once you get in Louisiana. At least it was 5 years ago when I last went through there. To answer your question though, not much to see or do right off I-10. I'm sure there is plenty to do a few miles off the beaten path.

crackerdave

It's a little better now,but used to be,if you got off I-75 and headed to Jacksonville - you better have a full tank of gas when you left 75!

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Well, I-10 dont go anywhere near Dallas, Texas. Hope that didnt disapoint you.:)

It's been a few yrs since I've driven the road. But I was thinking it was 10.

Laman

It all depends on what you like. To name of few of the things that I have stopped to see over the years are the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola and the Batttleship Alabama and airpark in Mobile. If you like catfish eat at the Cock of the Walk on old Hwy 90 east of Mobile. Bellingrath Gardens west of Mobile would probably please the wife.If you are looking at parks and camping there are several nice ones in north Florida. The most awesome thing in Ms. at this time to me is to get off of 10 and go along the coast and look at some of the remaining damage from Katrina, mother nature gone wild.
In La. if you follow 10 you head to N.O. which is its own entainment but even if you don't stop just drive through and get a good idea of the vastness of the destruction there. Then up to Baton Rouge and the home of the National Champion LSU Tigers, be sure and drive around the campus you can't help but come away a better person.:bounce: Past Baton Rouge your in Cajun country, Breux Bridge, Lafayette some of the best restaurants in the country. Your on you own after that but if you've got some time there is quite a bit to do on the I-10 corridor.

Nitro

Banned
Lots to do in NOLA........

Brand new Cabela's off I-10 in Gonzales.

Go to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge- it's off of I-10

Once you are through Baton Rouge, go to Mulates in Breaux Bridge,

In Lafayette, look for Prejean's...... fine Cajun food and a live Zydeco band most nights.

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I-40 is even better'n I-10, when you git out in west Texas and I-10 and I-20 come together you are officially in the middle of nowhere, and there ain't nuthin worth looking at past there...I done checked it out fer y'all.

ray97303

Lots to do in NOLA........

Brand new Cabela's off I-10 in Gonzales.

Go to Bowie Outfitters in Baton Rouge- it's off of I-10

Once you are through Baton Rouge, go to Mulates in Breaux Bridge,

In Lafayette, look for Prejean's...... fine Cajun food and a live Zydeco band most nights.

Is there a Red Wolf Lodge near the Cabela's in LA. I love the one in Kansas City.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Where is the Cabela's?

Oldstick

California Motor Speedway (whatever the name is) is right beside I-10 but I reckon that's a little bit past Texas.

BoxCallWillie

Watch out when you go through
Waldo FL heading west on I 10
Dont even think about going 2 miles over the posted speed limit. Waldo is Famous for having the worst town for writing speeding tickets in the state of FL This is how they pay the Mayor :bounce: , Not joking on this .... Google Waldo speed
traps, you'll see. Man they are bad at writing tickets.

crackerdave

Watch out when you go through
Waldo FL heading west on I 10
Dont even think about going 2 miles over the posted speed limit. Waldo is Famous for having the worst town for writing speeding tickets in the state of FL This is how they pay the Mayor :bounce: , Not joking on this .... Google Waldo speed
traps, you'll see. Man they are bad at writing tickets.

Thanks for "flashing the headlights" for us,Brother Randy!:bounce:

Jim Baker

Staff member

Mobile, a few restored wwII ships, Biloxi MS, gambling, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, for food, Houston, space center, San Antonio, Alamo and River walk, El Paso.

I am sure some on has already pointed out Dallas is not on I-10, That would be I-20 and I 10 is not near as rough a road as I 20 through Mississippi and Louisiana. And no one can explain the Interstates in west Texas, the craziest off ramps ever created.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What's on/off I-20

I stand corrected, what's on/off of I-20 of interest between Ga and Dallas TX?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Yep I was wrong, I was talking about I-20, haven't been on that stretch of road in 15 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.