ATV Winch Rocker Switch

MCBUCK

Broken Winch Rocker Switch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a AC 500 with a Warn 2500 Winch on the front and I broke my rocker switch on the handle bar Saturday. How easy are these to replace ? It seems pretty simple, it is just a few screws and a snip on some wires, some electrical tape an viola !
Anybody done this ? How much should a switch be ?
I found one for only $3.00 bucks and it was the right item number from Warn...but $3.00

Workin2Hunt

Gone but not forgotten
Broken Winch Rocker Switch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a AC 500 with a Warn 2500 Winch on the front and I broke my rocker switch on the handle bar Saturday. How easy are these to replace ? It seems pretty simple, it is just a few screws and a snip on some wires, some electrical tape an viola !
Anybody done this ? How much should a switch be ?
I found one for only $3.00 bucks and it was the right item number from Warn...but $3.00

Yeah the switch for my warn on the polaris was 5.00 I think and it shouldn't take but a few minutes to change.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
The rocker switch is only making and breaking a control curcuit to a solenoid or relay, the large amp load of the winch motor is on that relays contacts. That solenoid would be much more than $3, good thing you only broke the rocker switch.

KKrueger

I did the exact same thing, but boughth the whole new wire harness. Cost me $50.00 I think the winch just cost $69 when I bought the atv.

MCBUCK

An answered question is a good thang !
Thanks fellers !

Latest posts