coyote in backyard

mwilli24

looked outside and 5 yards from back porch sat this guy. live in gwinnett in a neighborhood. not any woods around. Anyone got a coyote trap for sale or what would yall reccomend?

Attachments

• 8418_1154514015672_1012344240_30376411_1965925_s.jpg
    8418_1154514015672_1012344240_30376411_1965925_s.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2,061
  • 8418_1154514055673_1012344240_30376412_3813127_s.jpg
    8418_1154514055673_1012344240_30376412_3813127_s.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 2,060
  • 8418_1154514095674_1012344240_30376413_5614210_s.jpg
    8418_1154514095674_1012344240_30376413_5614210_s.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,052

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
YOu could try a live trap. That's what I'd recommend since you're in a neighborhood, but you'll likely catch all the pets in the area, 100 possums and a dozen coons before you caught him. Just shoot it with a .22 next time you see it . IF you don't get a good shot just put lead in him it'll eventually take it out--just make sure it's a safe shot as far as people/houses go.

T

TBurnham

Im with the suppressed 22!! Just make a SAFE shot!!

pmi_man

*theoretically* if there are no neighbor cats or dogs or any pets that roam arround that neighborhood you could put out some meat and poisn it, but check your local laws beforehand.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
*theoretically* if there are no neighbor cats or dogs or any pets that roam arround that neighborhood you could put out some meat and poisn it, but check your local laws beforehand.

It's not the local laws you need to be concerned about it's the state law against poisioning wildlife and the federal laws regarding using whatever you poison them with in an improper manner. ;)

T

paratrooper202

Are you the guy that TELLS EVERYONE to do that???:mad: You have no respect for LIFE.... The guy needs to trap or shoot it.

redlevel

It's not the local laws you need to be concerned about it's the state law against poisioning wildlife and the federal laws regarding using whatever you poison them with in an improper manner. ;)

T

You mean I'm not supposed to use Temik hamburger anymore?:huh:

pmi_man

Are you the guy that TELLS EVERYONE to do that???:mad: You have no respect for LIFE.... The guy needs to trap or shoot it.

no, i believe this is the first time i suggested it. take a chill pil::ke:. yes shooting it would be more ethical and i would much rather him do that, but due to the situation i was just suggesting that. im sorry but i would rather that yote have a slow painful death and save other game than just let that thing walk and kill whatever it pleases.

jicard3

If you are in Gwinnett in a neighborhood maybe it would be safer for everybody if you just called animal control and let them deal with it. It could be considered a threat to the neighborhood pets right? I'm sure they would come trap it.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If you are in Gwinnett in a neighborhood maybe it would be safer for everybody if you just called animal control and let them deal with it. It could be considered a threat to the neighborhood pets right? I'm sure they would come trap it.

Most if not all animal control agencies only handle domestic animal problems.

T

NickW

Not sure what area of Gwinnett you are, but saw one two days ago off Centerville-Rosebud near where I live. It is the third I have seen in a year. The first one, my labs jumped in the park. They wanted to play with it but the coyote would have none of that and ran straight back towards me, brushing my leg as it went by. Labs just looked at it and wagged their tails.:huh:

Nick

bow-boy

no, i believe this is the first time i suggested it. take a chill pil::ke:. yes shooting it would be more ethical and i would much rather him do that, but due to the situation i was just suggesting that. im sorry but i would rather that yote have a slow painful death and save other game than just let that thing walk and kill whatever it pleases.

But what happens when a buzzard or any other animal wants to munch on that dead, Poisened coyote?
They die also. Due to the poisen.

Dakotaman

I wouldn't worry about it. It looks like a young pup out exploring. Unless he found lots of juicy food, he won't hang around your back yard for long.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
no, i believe this is the first time i suggested it. take a chill pil. yes shooting it would be more ethical and i would much rather him do that, but due to the situation i was just suggesting that. im sorry but i would rather that yote have a slow painful death and save other game than just let that thing walk and kill whatever it pleases.
Dont get all poofed up.........someone always recommends poisoning when trying to get rid of a Varmint........it is NEVER a good idea, unless you are talking rats or the like.

To be honest, when I saw your post about poisoning, I was wondering the same thing,
Are you the guy that TELLS EVERYONE to do that??? You have no respect for LIFE.... The guy needs to trap or shoot it.

greg@teamlivewire

We are licensed wildlife trappers in Gwinnett. Mostly squirrels, raccoons, rodents, birds, bats, and opossums. I've live trapped for over 25 years and have very experienced technicians trapping. We're starting to do more and more with yotes in the area. www.GaPestPro.com. Drop us a line. Greg