Abnormally huge catfish spotted at dam

Money man

I will find him for you Money Man:D
catfish-head.jpg

:rofl::rofl:

He answered to Buwano but sometimes we called him Budiman.

Sargent

On the other end of the spectrum, did anyone see the show on the Discovery channel about the tiny catfish that swam up some poor guy's urine stream and a surgeon had to remove it?

I think I'd rather be eaten alive by one of those VWs.

gator808

One of the lakes we live by in South Carolina (Lake Jocasse) you here stories like this all the time. They have people from all over the U.S. train to dive on this lake so divers are frequently out there. Now I will say this lake is 320ft. deep by the dam. I am pretty sure there is not a catfish the size of a volkswagon but I bet there are some record size catfish down there.

jmfauver

I heard the story about the Susquehanna Dam on the MD/PA line when I was a kid

BigBass114

My Great-Grandpa has been telling me this story about Lanier for as long as I can remember

GA DAWG

I heard a Tysons truck turned over one time at Lanier..Spilling grown chickens into the lake..Heard the catfish were eating them whole!!!

healthandprosper

I've heard the story all my life too about Lanier. The one I've heard the most was about the chicken truck that wrecked and went in there, and the cats eating the chickens.

Jighead

Gone but not forgotten
I've heard the story all my life too about Lanier. The one I've heard the most was about the chicken truck that wrecked and went in there, and the cats eating the chickens.

I have heard this story many times from my uncles, my oldest uncle said he was at the scene where the chicken truck went off Thompson Bridge.He claimed the divers that were trying to retrieve the driver's body did not want to go back down after seeing catfish swallow chickens whole.Until the introduction of flatheads in Lanier recently, the biggest catfish I knew of where channel cats. Man, those were some record breaking channel cats!

M00SE

I caught one some yrs ago in TN. It was indeed the size of a VW. I had to set the drap on low so the fight went on for hours. Luckily the line didnt break and when I got er on the banks, I let er go. I'ma Jeep guy...

BCAPES

Georgia Sportsman Article when I was a kid featured a guy fishing at night on Clarks Hill for big ones. He had a 65 lber on the cover that he had caught there.

The story about divers saying there were catfish bigger than they were was in that article too.

Tim L

that story actually started at silver springs florida. when looking through the glass bottom boats , catfish app. 40- 60 feet down , their size actually was magnified and they looked the size of small cars

That actually makes sense..

whateverjones

Somebody call Mythbusters,they will clear the whole thing one way or the other.

madpegtod

I work inside one of the dams here in Georgia. Those stories are absolutely, positively, without a doubt.... FALSE. Occasionally we have to install bulkheads and unwater the generators in order to inspect the turbines and wicket gates. We have to go in and get the fish out so that they don't start stinking up the place when they die. The biggest catfish I have seen are about 60 lbs.That being said, I have picked up some nice largemouths with my hands that are bigger than most of the ones that I have seen people mount.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard that story about almost every lake in NC, too-it's not just a GA thang.

brantd

Yep, i got one off the west point dam , threw it over the dam though to the other side..figured something that ugly needed to be on the alabama side... :)