Custom Box Calls

rex upshaw

Jack Scott makes a fine box and is even making a little one sider that sounds really good. Irving Whitt also makes a fine call, beautiful workmanship and sounds great too, SS Custom Calls makes some good ones as well. I played every call SS entered in the Call Maker's contest at the Grand Nationals last year, not a bad one in the bunch. I intended on buying one last year but every time I went buy their booth they were swamped. Maybe this year. I sure these others mentioned are fine boxes, I just haven't had the opportunity to play one,...yet.

i agree with all of the above. although i have never run an ss box, i have heard nothing but great things about them.

Oh goodness, almost forgot, Mr. Albert Paul from Paul's Calls. Super callmaker and overall one of the nicest guys you'll ever chance to meet. Very reasonable prices relatively short wait too.

Just please try and run it yourself before buying one. Most of the names listed already will be a good starting choice. Even if you get one of theirs and it does not sound right to you, send it back and they will try and make it right.

Good luck, nothing like a good box call in the turkey woods.They seem to have fallen out of favor over the last few years for the mouth and pot calls. Which is a good thing for the hunter that can run a good box.

Hawken2222

I just purchased my first custom box three weeks ago. It was one of Jack Scott's box calls. I love it. I look forward to trying some of the other custom boxes mentioned in this thread.

wncgarrett

Thanks guys for all the input. I have contacted some of the call makers yall have suggested. Thanks again.

turk2di

Ron Clough at Close-calls makes a beautiful box call. He made me this box call for my 20th season of turkey hunting!
Picture147.jpg

Dudley Do-Wrong

Ron Clough at Close-calls makes a beautiful box call. He made me this box call for my 20th season of turkey hunting!
Picture147.jpg

Can you get a better focus on that call, I'd really like to see the detail. It looks like the box is laminated and I have not seen that before.

Oh yes! Wendell Lancaster, THE most underrated callmaker out there, IMHO. Very reasonable with the prices too. He makes a mean little rectangular slate as well for cheap! Not to mention a great southern gentleman.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Oh yes! Wendell Lancaster, THE most underrated callmaker out there, IMHO. Very reasonable with the prices too. He makes a mean little rectangular slate as well for cheap! Not to mention a great southern gentleman.
Wendell has taught me more about making box calls than any other call maker. His calls are second to none and I consider him a good friend.

Dudley Do-Wrong

That is a laminate isn't it??? Nice.

BEARDHUNTER

If you are looking for a paddle call I have some good one"s I will be at the Perry show booth #547

ccleroy

I just got on the list for a Steve Mann and 2 Irving Whitt's........I have quite a few I still have to obtain............

Dudley Do-Wrong

I think it would be appropriate to call Mr Harwell and Mr Mills mister since they both are older than me(I think):rofl:
I'm sure Mr. Hartwell has you by a year or 2; tell me your BD and I'll tell you mine.