What's the weirdest thing you've found while hunting?

Found a pair of costa del mars, in good condition, Sunday morning at my lease. Must be trespassers cause no one in the lease knows anything about them.

I once had a midget come walking down a logging road that ran through a clear cut one afternoon. Dressed head to toe in white. Except for bright green flip-flops. I still get cracked up over that one.

may have been an OOMPA LOOMPA looking for the chocolate factory!!!:rofl:

Two one dollar bills just lying there on the leaves. :crazy: One hundred year old spice bottle in a creek

Two one dollar bills? I've had that trick played on my before. I leaned over to pick it up, just to become victim to my uncle waiting in a gilly suit!! Scared me real good!

Cutem all Jack

A buddy of mine just found a log laying on a 110 inch bucks head! His horns were sticking out either side of the tree. Maybe he will chime in and post some pictures.
Another time I was huntin oconee NF and I was probably 1 mile off the dirt road as the sun poked up I saw something red through the woods I eased over to it and it was a rockdale newspaper stand full of pots and pans. A guy had taken a ol hedge bush and bent it over and mad a little house out of it. Kinda felt like I was being watched so I got outta there quick and in a hurry. The bad thing about it is for him to even get to a gas station it's a 14 -16 mile walk. Makes ya kinda wonder what he has done to be living like that?

Stomper

Well we it was found years ago but none the less. A Buckeye tree. Every new hunter we get, we take and get them a buckeye for good luck. This year my dad and I took my oldest Daughter for her Buckeye.

That's memories right there.

hambone76

I caught two people smoking away in a grown up clear cut in Talbot Co. I was only 15 at the time, alone and had a bow in my hand, so I kept quiet and eased back away from them. I could hear them coughing and hacking their fool heads off. I heard them leave, walked up to the dirt road, and lying in the ditch across from the woods road that they pulled out of was an RC Cola can that was bent in across the middle and it had ten or so little holes punched into the bent portion. The area around the holes was burnt black from them smoking their stuff on it.

My cousin found a five point, 78" shed in Macon County that has a bullet hole clean through the base.
I will get a pic of it to post.

slip

Retired Moderator
A chair, whole box of oreos and a 24 pack of beer.:bounce:
Everything was empty but very fresh.

This was on the edge of a dove field on a WMA...

simpleman30

a couple of weeks ago on our deer-dog club, one guy came out of the woods with a 3' tall sponge bob (stuffed animal). no clue how it got in the middle of our 14,000 acre club.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
found a dead doe, which had been birthing a yearling.
she and the yearling were both dead.
first time I've ever seen anything like that..........

No wonder she died, birthing a year old + deer. :eek:Most does birth fawns.

synack

I was fishing with a buddy, in what I think was the Oconee river (been a very long time), and a guy comes walking up with a giant rope slung over his shoulder and asked us if we had seen his pet bull. He told us not to worry, that the bull was "real friendly," so we got the heck out of there.

I was also wandering around the woods in Loganville and came across some old graves right off of Rabbit Farm Rd.? That's also been a long time. I think the name on the grave was Leach, they were very old and sunken in. I don't know if they're still there.

Mr.MainFrame10

This was a wierd thing that happened...., close enough!

One time, me and a friend was deer hunting during the week on our hunting lease. We was sitting there in camp after having dinner at about 10:00 at night. We had a fire burning just hanging around when this vehicle pulls in through our gate with his lights shining toward us. This small truck just sets there for a few minutes and then out steps this guy. He stood up and stretched, and then cracked open a beer and took a big swig! Me and my buddy was sitting there thinking...., can you believe this! The next thing you know, he comes walking right up to the fire and starts warming himself front and back side. He then starts checking his phone and calling someone and having conversation and then hangs up. At this point in time, not a word has been said by none of us. I had a 357 magnum laid on our shooting bench right beside me. This guy after warming himself, looks over at me and my buddy and then finally speaks! He told us his name, and that he has been riding around for about an hour now looking for deer camps that had a camp fire burning. He said he likes to hang out by the fire and shoot the breeze with folks. Anyhow, long story short, he stayed about 1 hour and told us his entire life story! Then he got in his truck and left and we never saw him again. Pretty strange and the nerve of this guy! He must have thought we were on the beach or something getting ready to listen to Jimmy Buffet! :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

gtrman

Well, one was a doe that had either tried to jump a gas line being built and got stuck in there, or she had hit the steel pipe on the other side and just fell back down in there. :huh:
It is hard to tell from the photo, but she is laying close enough to the pipe to have hit it and fallen back in the hole when she'd tried to jump it. One of the workers watching equipment the night before had said that he thought he heard something big hit the pipe that night, but he didn't see anything when he checked. He may have just missed her, or may have been totally mistaken. Who knows...
0814101713.jpg

The other was this "thing" that my son and I found in a creek just laying on its side stuck against a log. It was made of plastic, and I assume it is a feeder, but had my son pose beside it to illustrate its size. I think a cattle feeder, but not sure. I am more unsure of what kind of a gully washer it took to wash it to where it was, FAR from any cow pastures.
plastic thing.jpg

rigderunner

Well we it was found years ago but none the less. A Buckeye tree. Every new hunter we get, we take and get them a buckeye for good luck. This year my dad and I took my oldest Daughter for her Buckeye.

That's memories right there.

i only know of three buckeye trees anywere i found them hunting

ive seen all kinds of weird stuff from planned car wrecks by devil worshipers to devil worshipers sacrificing goats an doing there chants and the most recent was a stolen/stripped car were we coonhunt that id been buy every night for 3 weeks and i go in 1 night to find a white rose on the dash board that hadnt been there the night before ive ran up on meth labs liquor stills pot feilds and this year i also had a fully naked man run by me within 10 foot of me with a hog leg 44 in his hand he just stopped looked at me grunted and ran off i have a whole list of crap ive seen in the woods thats strange as a mountain range i guess you see that stuff when you hunt the govt woods:banana::crazy:

jbird1

This account is a little different in that I'm pretty sure that I, myself, was the "wierd thing" according to a still as of yet, unknown trespasser.

It was late April and I had managed to get free for a mid-week A.M. turkey hunt at our lease in Oglethorpe county. The conditions were perfect and I was greeted at the listening spot by thunderous gobbling on the river. I managed to get set up and had a great hunt watching the Boss strut on a limb over the river. Although I was unable to close the deal, it had been a great morning and I was pumped!

This is where things got interesting. I hoofed it back to camp maybe 3/4 mile and it had gotten warm. The layers that protected me from the cool morning air had become saturated with sweat. So I get back to camp and remove every stitch of clothing and crack a cool one to calm my nerves. Now this is not my normal mode of operation. Mind you it is mid week during turkey season in what is primarily a deer club. I thought It was pretty safe "cooling off", all things considered.

Well I get on the horn to a hunting buddy to report my exciting morning. I am into the story pretty good when I look up and a young twenty something female in a new yellow jeep comes rolling quickly through camp right past me. From what I could gather, she was probably a student from Athens looking for a Mtn. Bike trail or something because there was a bike on the back of the jeep. Anyway, we make eye contact :eek: about the time she's even with me and she stands on the breaks...throws it in reverse, cuts the wheels and rolls right towards me. She looks back and says "sorry, wrong road!", and spins the tires headed back out. I was in shock and I just stood there for a minute and pondered what had just happened:confused:.

Anyway, after my buddy stopped laughing, I got of the phone and put some shorts on. Pretty wierd. I get the feeling this might be how some of the Bigfeets stories get started. Oh well, I hope she's not scarred forever. :)

Luckybuck

Have come across this several times bass fishing using a silent trolling motor. Come up on ladies with top off taking in the sun. When they become aware it is too late to put their top back on and they try to hide behind a set of hands, but their hands are too small.

sportsman18

Banned
I found a babys head while i was scouting in the middle of nowhere. it was a baby dolls head that it. but it scared the crap out of me i thought it was real at first. miles away from any houses

southernboy2147

It was my first time fishing on lake sinclair, I went with my brother and his buddy on one holiday night fishin. it was prolly 2a.m. or 3a.m. in the morning, we where heading toward the back of a cove with to 200 merc tapped out we stopped about 50 yards from the dock when we saw a teenage couple jump up with nothin but a pair of panties and boxers on. the funny park was they watched us for about 2 minutes with nothin but underwear on, before puttin a shirt on and waitin on us to leave.

Last edited:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The darnest thing I've seen while hunting was, rabbits of all colors and sizes. I was bowhunting in Morocco on a Naval Base at Sidi Yahia in 1962. Rabbits are all we had to hunt on base.