Anyone hunting Flint River WMA Mar 6-11?

VABadger

Anyone planning on hunting on the Flint River WMA during the special hog hunt Mar. 6-11? Thinking of heading down there myself, just wondering if anyone wanted to meet up and hunt together. Probably won't make it until the weekend as I am at work all week. Never been there so any info/help on the hogs down there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Showman

I have heard some reports of the Hogs hanging out nearer the River than up near the fields. Good Luck on your hunt. Hope it isn't too wet.

nockemstiff

It is located on the Dooly county side of the Flint River. I would surely like to get out there with you since it is rather close to me. I have walked to the river once in there. Saw lots of tracks, some I thought was a horse. But as far as hunting experience I would be a noob. Yes, is this a special rifle hunt or still small game weapons?

nockemstiff

Yes, it's a Special Hog Hunt, blaze orange, no dogs, and big game weapons may be used.

Also says ATVs are allowed 2 hours before sunrise and 2 hours after sunset on open / improved roads / and approved trails, unless otherwise specified. This could be useful.

Nemo

SO anyone else interested in meeting to get some pork on the fire? Shoot me a PM, I am strong interested.

Nemo

VABadger

I'm definately gonna make it down on Sat. Would love to try and get down there a day this week, but don't think it is gonna happen.

GAMHUNTER35

yea i will be at chickasawhatchee at the same time hope i can found me some pork. going in the morning hopeing to miss the crowd on the weekend. i see in the regs that you can hunt sapelo from mar 1 thru may15

Last edited: