Joint supplements

1gr8bldr

I am courious about joint supplements. At 46, I get minor joint pains, elbow from hammering, shoulders from working out, knees at the start of running, etc, but nothing bad. Just wondering what the thoughts out there are. Beneficial or no results?

NorthGaHunter

I use Glucosamine/Chondroitin. I believe the best is Dr. Theo's brand. He also has a book discussing the research, etc. I think you can get it for about $10 or so. I believe he had most brands tested and somewhere on his website, he use to recommend the brands that lived up to it's labeling. I think he still does. He does have his own brand that is suppose to be independently tested.

I would recommend checking the website and reading the book and then make your decision. The problems I had seem to be better but I won't say I feel 100% better. Glucosamine / Chondroitin can help elevaite pain but the supplements are suppose to help keep your joints hydrated.

hiawassee1

I take that also, mainly for knee pain, and it does help, I forget what brand it is but I get it at Wally World. It seems to help.

chadf

I could tell a difference when I started taking them.

leemckinney

Yucca Drinks lots of water regardless of what you take.

Killdee

I feel they helped me with a popping cracking neck that psy. therapy or medication did nothing for. They dont work overnight but they do help some people.

Killdee

Yes true on the Ibuprofen problem and drinking lots of water, helps keep the joints lubricated.

1gr8bldr

Flex Now really works!
I hope they work. Started taking joint supplements a few weeks ago. Never had much problems but working out yesterday, I think I blowed out my shoulder.

dooner

Joint help

Osteo Bi-flex. I can't do without it for my knees. My Dr. even approves of it. Tried cheaper brands but they don't work near as good for me.

StriperAddict

Wife and I take Glucosamine/Chondroitin, but with MSM. Whole Paycheck, er, Whole Foods has it. I'm usually pain free even with my excess lbs. as I take it daily. The Mrs. has to supplement it with prescription pain meds at times and ibuprofin for her back and latest knee injury.

I wish MSM-Glucosamine/Chondroitin was around when my dad suffered from arthritus starting in his 30's.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Try Rhus Tox. It's a homeopathic derived from poison ivy extract. You can find it at GNCs and other places that have a decent stock of homeopathic remedies.

I take it whenever I start getting joint aches and within a few days, it's gone. Usually keeps my aches away fro several months before i start feeling the need again.

1gr8bldr

I have been taking them for 30 days now and honestly, I can't tell the difference. The same minor knee/ elbow pains are there. I have a very physical job of construction, lift weights one day, run 2 miles the next day and do a 30 minute ab workout the 3rd day. So, at 46 I should have some minor pains. But I thought I might try them to see if they worked. But I can't say that they have. But I will say that I can tell when I skip taking protein each day. I can tell it that same day

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I have been taking them for 30 days now and honestly, I can't tell the difference. The same minor knee/ elbow pains are there. I have a very physical job of construction, lift weights one day, run 2 miles the next day and do a 30 minute ab workout the 3rd day. So, at 46 I should have some minor pains. But I thought I might try them to see if they worked. But I can't say that they have. But I will say that I can tell when I skip taking protein each day. I can tell it that same day

Give the Rhus Tox a try. It might surprise you.

1gr8bldr

Give the Rhus Tox a try. It might surprise you.
Never heard of it. I will google it. I have been taking what I consider the highest ranking from among the weight lifting community and "supplementalreviews.com". Called "Animal Flex".

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod

Please explain.
I've been thinking about taking some protein suppl.

1gr8bldr

Please explain.
I've been thinking about taking some protein suppl.
The powder that you mix with anything, usually milk is best. It really helps me. Even during the fall when I don't take the time to exercise, it just helps me to feel better. If I forget to take it, I can tell by the way I feel. I don't wish to ever quit. I don't take as much as others but I do take a scoop in the morning and one in the evening. You can get it at walmart or GNC but I have found that I can buy the premium protein powder online much much cheaper. I buy the 5lb pound kegs for about $35. Will last me about 3 months. After years of trying different kinds, I now get "Elite Gourmet" vanilla creme by Dymatize nutrition. Has all the same ingredients as the most expensive one out there, yet taste better. You know that it taste good if you still like the taste with water. It taste great with milk and good with water. That is hard to find. The better proteins are actually a blend of different proteins. Because they have different digestion rates causing you to keep it in your system longer rather than just one hour only after you take it. If you go to supplemental reviews and look at the highest ranked protein blend, this has same exact thing. I have compared labels. It is over 100$ per 5lb keg. I used to search GNC's for them when they mark them down due to becoming out of date. I could get them around $50. But now I just buy the better tasteing, equal "Elite Gourmet" for $35. I suspect that if you try it, you will never go without it again. I know I won't. I am twice as healthy the past 2 years as I was before I found this out. I hope you try it. You will be pleased