need to vent!!!!

JCBANJO02

how can you list something on the swap and sale, get a call from someone, agree on price, and meeting place and time. then the seller calls and says "im gonna sale it to a guy that called first". i know you are free to sale to who ever you want but it just agrivates me that we had already set a price and meeting then the guy backs out to sale to someone just because they called first. shouldnt it be the first i will take it and not the first inquire about the listed item?

thanks for letting me vent a little.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
how can you list something on the swap and sale, get a call from someone, agree on price, and meeting place and time. then the seller calls and says "im gonna sale it to a guy that called first". i know you are free to sale to who ever you want but it just agrivates me that we had already set a price and meeting then the guy backs out to sale to someone just because they called first. shouldnt it be the first i will take it and not the first inquire about the listed item?

I'm betting somebody offered more than you and he went with the higher offer. Bad business IMO. :banginghe

Had the same thing happen to me on here a few months ago.

sowega hunter

There are LOTS of people who aren't worth their word. I've had people leave phone numbers and then not answer their phone, say I'll take it and then I never heard from them again. People could at least be decent enough to say I changed my mind or at least let you know something. Then some people aren't even decent enough to answer your inquires, if you are going to post something at least answer inquires or mark it sold. Then again I have had some good deals with others.It just shows some people's word isn't worth the air they breath and others are good to their word. Sorry I just had to vent a little also.

merc123

Had that happen to me this week. _I_ sent a guy a message on Facebook (where it was listed on a group for sale) and told him I would like to come see it Saturday. It was a racing seat so I need to sit in it to make sure it fits.

This was on a Sunday. I messaged him Tuesday and said I could probably come down Wednesday evening if that would work. It's a good thing I did because another guy was going to come look at it and was about to be sold out from under me. Seller told me he called the other guy back and told him I had contacted first so it was only fair. Other guy was mad, but it did wind up the seat didn't fit me so I couldn't buy it. Not a big deal, but I get mad when I'm the first guy that wants it and they sell it out from under you.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Yea, that stinks, I hate trying to buy and sell nowadays. when i had my dirtbike for sale a few months ago a guy called me on a monday and old me he would take it. he would come get it saturday morning. That week I had three people want to come look at it, but told then it was sold. that saturday the guy left me hanging. I even called his phone and left hi a message. I told him to be a man and atleast tell me he was not going to buy it. Its just such a pain trying to be an honest person when so maney peope don't stand behind their word.

antique41

Just happened to me today. Told a seller on this site yesterday that "I would take it" at his asking price as he emailed me that the gun was still available. Then I asked him for his location so we could meet. No answer.
Today he emails me that it is sold. Another one to avoid.

Oak-flat Hunter

It use too be A Man's word was His bond . Sad too say It ain't so no more..People these days has no spine!!!!

sowega hunter

I think we need a way to give feedback on people on the swap and sell the way it used to be. Trustworthy people are far and few between these days.

iowa-boy

Mine was a guy from Madison who kept telling me he was coming on the weekend and never did. Car broke, wife getting hair done for wedding, not enough money. If you ain't buying, quit lyin.

gpharris

ok, my turn to vent the other day I was selling my old phone on ebay the person who won the auction. Sent me a message saying he/she would pay for it later that day. So later have gone and came so I sent a reply message to the winner. Then he/she said they just got fired from there job. So something told me to check their feedback and of course they just brought a phone from somebody else. Two days after they have won my auction I'm still stuck on what to reply back to them.

fd123

ok, my turn to vent the other day I was selling my old phone on ebay the person who won the auction. Sent me a message saying he/she would pay for it later that day. So later have gone and came so I sent a reply message to the winner. Then he/she said they just got fired from there job. So something told me to check their feedback and of course they just brought a phone from somebody else. Two days after they have won my auction I'm still stuck on what to reply back to them.

Sorry to hear about that....If i were you id contact ebay...When they bidded and won your item they entered into an agreement to buy your item...PERIOD!!! If EBAY doesnt make them pay you, i would FLAT OUT REFUSE to pay the fees that EBAY charged you to post that ad!! And BE SURE to leave that "DEAD-BEAT" some NEGATIVE FEED-BACK..In hopes that it will prevent someone else to go through the **** and aggravation that these losers are putting you through..(i wish there was a way to reach through the computer sometimes and get ahold of these SCUM-BAGS!!
Best of LUCK to you BRO!!

flattbottomfisher

feedback.and no shows

Im with the feedback rating...and also tired of the no shows and negative feedback on my posts...thought about posting there name email and comments on the board just to see how they liked everyone to know what an @$$ they are and not too deal with them ...I dont gripe here alot..but the price i ask is what i want...if you dont like it move on... dont take time to send me some stupid email...dabestcajun...i could care less if you think I'm high...I'm trying to feed my family...

Beaudeane

With earnest money I will hold something & not sell it to someone else. If I'm gonna sell something, the first one with cash in hand gets it. I was broke of holding a for sale item for a no show after it happened to me twice.

Ihunt

When I sell anything I tell whoever calls that the first person to pay me is who gets it. I do not hold anything. If you want it you'll come and get it.

jreXD9

I have waited for 3-4 days to hear from someone on here who has a pistol that I'm willing to buy at their asking price AND I'm willing to drive an hour to get it! I've emailed them with my info 3 times. Not a peep!

goshenmountainman

There was a guy on here back in the spring that wanted to sell his whole turkey hunting outfit, I messaged him about the shotgun and some ammunition for it, agreed on a price and set up a meeting at commerce walmart. The next day I drive a hour to commerce walmart at the agreed time and he doesn't show up, doesn't answer calls while I wait for an hour on the scum bag. Then a couple days later I notice its still on the sell page, I call him, no answer. I use my daughters cell to text him and ask him if he still has the shotgun and he says yes, that he wants to trade for a bow now, I never let him know I was the guy he was supposed to meet, just didn't answer his text after he told me he was looking to trade for a bow.. Should have a feed back rating on here to stop this nonsense so everyone could see what kind of person he was.

Garcia Mitchler

@goshen - I hear ya! I used to take pride in the fact that when using the GON S&S (and later Marketplace) that we here on the forums are not dealing with the standard CraigsList idiocy. Not anymore. The rude no-answer/no-show/sell out from under you lunatics are now here on the board.
Another case in point is the jerks who don't read the ads. Sold a 30-30 and put in all caps that I only sell to Georgia Weapons License holders, and I had two board members call me and when IO asked about their GWL they said they didn't have them. I politely told both that the sale was only with GWL's and they both became belligerent with me... like I was the one with the problem.

I do want to say that I feel they are the 10%, because I've "wheeled and dealed" with many board members who were great to buy/sell from. Because of this I never agree to sell - I tell all callers first one here (or local Walmart) with the cash gets it - I won't hold anything for anyone anymore because I've been burned too many times. Legit buyers always understand.

BTW - I only sell to GWL's because that lets me sleep well at night that I'm not selling to some jack wagon that may use the off the radar weapon for ill legit. If one of our board members goes through the iterations to get a GWL then I know they are good people. Not saying non-GWL's are bad, but it's a peace of mind thing for me.

Walker44

I AGREE 1000% -when we used the old swap and sell things just seemed more legit
I am running a BP pistol and have the same guy answer twice always a run around offered at trade then revoked and wanted mine and $800 for his TRADE ------- Then replys again asks for numbers , pics and goes on and on switches e mail address THEN COMPLAINS WHY I DONT RESPOND I AM RUDE HE CLAIMS
SO TO THE BUYER I WILL PUT IT BACK IN THE SAFE AND WILL PUT IT IN WASTE DISPOSAL LONG BEFORE YOU WILL EVER SEE IT
WHAT A JOKE:biggrin2: