ALCHORNETS Summer NIGHTSHOOT Series

GRIV

Here's the Flier y'all print this off and spread it around.

Let's have a good time!

The Details

WHERE
West Walton Park
605 Tom Brewer Road
Loganville, GA 30052 (see www.alcarcheryevents.com for directions.)

RULES
The rules will vary depending on what game we play that month. Go to www.alcarcheryevents.com before the event to see what game we will play that month. All ages and equipment styles are welcome.

REGISTRATION
We will register at the field during the practice ends at 5:45PM. The cost is $20 per person $60 Family Max.

CONTACT
www.alcarcheryevents.com
Archery Learning Center 678-344-0035
email - archerylearningcenter@gmail.com

SHOOTING DATES AND TIMES
May 31 Saturday- 7PM (practice is 5:45PM to 6:45PM)
June 14 Saturday- 7PM (practice is 5:45PM to 6:45PM)
July 19 Saturday- 7PM (practice is 5:45PM to 6:45PM)
August 16 Saturday- 7PM (practice is 5:45PM to 6:45PM)
September 13 Saturday- 7PM (practice is 5:45PM to 6:45PM

Attachments

• alcsummerseries.jpg
    alcsummerseries.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 377
  • alcsummerseries.pdf
    269.4 KB · Views: 54

BowanaLee

For a person never shooting this type of archery and wanting to practice for this, what target face and distances would they shoot ?
Also how many arrows at each distance and is it timed ?

Tracker1

122cm target face

It will be shot, 5 ends of 6 arrows, 4 min per end, for a total of 30 arrows at each distance.

30 arrows at 60m (66yd)
30 arrows at 50m (55yd)
30 arrows at 40m (44yd)

90 arrows total, 900 possible points.

Come on out Lee, it's a lot of fun!

BowanaLee

So its the big target face. (122cm) facepalm: Heck, I've been wearing out the little one at 50, 70 and 90m. (80cm) I figured the bigun was to easy. :bounce:

Tracker1

So its the big target face. (122cm) facepalm: Heck, I've been wearing out the little one at 50, 70 and 90m. (80cm) I figured the bigun was to easy. :bounce:

Yep, nothing to it! You got it. No reason to not come shoot then!

Tracker1

Almost forgot Lee, make sure to bring your real fast, flat shooting 3-D Bow and your Big fat arrows!!! That will really help!!

BowanaLee

I shot the big target today (122 cm) at 40,50 & 60 meters. I average getting off my arrows in a tad over 3 minutes. I ain't no good. Seems like I drop a point or two on every end no matter how close I am. I shot my 3-d rig but I shoot GT ultralight 500's at 52 lbs to shoot 294 fps. No since changing anything ? Its light weight and set in up to 90 yds. I think my biggest problem is my carter evolution release. Its set up for my seniors hunter set up bow at 49 lbs. I need to change springs. Its going off waaay to easy. I may giver a try though. If I give up a point or two on every end. I probably wont fair well ? Whats a decent score in that format ? :huh:

tdw3684

Last summer 873 won the mens compound. 883 The pro compound (GRIV). The cadet compound was won by an impressive 891. The wind was dead still that day too.

Tracker1

To stay in the running this year I think you need to:

Drop 15 or less at 60
Drop 5 or less at 50
Clean 40

BOTTEMLINE

Smoke

Im shooting the same set up you have lee just a couple more pounds ...Mine works just fine if l miss its all me small vanes and a lot of stamina..A hinge realease would be a bonus as you wear down...100g tip...

BowanaLee

I'm changing things around and practicing. Probably wont fair well but it looks like I'll be there.
At least it'll up the winnings for someone else. :bounce:

Tracker1

I'm changing things around and practicing. Probably wont fair well but it looks like I'll be there.
At least it'll up the winnings for someone else. :bounce:

Glad to hear it!

A couple of things to look at since this is your first 900,

1-Less poundage, speed dose not matter, it's all about accuracy and endurance.

2-Skinny arrows, less drift and will last longer with the 2 dozen in the target at the same time!

3-Arrow lube, Arrow lube and Arrow lube.....

See ya there!