Turning Lights Off

Patriot44

Banned
I can't do it anymore. I am starting to talk to myself since asking others doesn't seem to work.

I have nightmares about it. I get the shakes when I see unoccupied rooms lit up like the GA Dome. If I come home late from work and it's already dark outside, you can see my house from space.

I see evil in the little money grubbers eyes when they walk past me. Probably glare from all of the lights turned on....

THAT'S IT! I am getting 15 min turn knob timers for every room in this hizzle!:yeah:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I had to change a light bulb once. :banginghe

greg_n_clayton

I am waiting on sinclair's input !!

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
this is cra cra

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
km lives off the grid

T-N-T

I feel you.
Worse than a light? Sleeping with a tv on. Makes me want to shoot the tv with a pistol. To oNe turn it off, and 2 make a quiet point to the sleeper.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
What makes me mad is when someone leaves the Coleman lanter on.

sinclair1

I am waiting on sinclair's input !!

You will be disappointed if your expecting a city reply that includes me worrying about saving a bunny.

I have a thread on here were I bought a stock pile of incandescent bulbs.

We have landscape lights that burn all night and aquariums that are lit up(led).

I have a meter to tell me what uses the most power and have led in the bulbs that burn all the time.

No matter how I monitor lights that get left on, the bill is dictated by what we burn on purpose, but we don't really have a problem with leaving lights for no reason.

If you consider his problem to be OCD, then I wouldn't worry, we have to vent a little and he will address the problem to his satisfaction or move on to another.

I am however working on converting the house to a master key board with full control and occupancy sensors, but only because I like cool stuff.

rustybucket

Building a new house right now and every single bulb in the entire house is LED.

The funny thing to me about people that get all worked up about a light being left on.... They have no problem running the A/C or Heat, or having an old huge refrigerator... which consumes more electricity in about a minute than that light left on for HOURS, heck maybe even days....

sinclair1

Building a new house right now and every single bulb in the entire house is LED.

The funny thing to me about people that get all worked up about a light being left on.... They have no problem running the A/C or Heat, or having an old huge refrigerator... which consumes more electricity in about a minute than that light left on for HOURS, heck maybe even days....
Exactly, I plugged the meter into the fridge and it burns $28 a month, I had one in the garage too,but no more.

That's why I only use led in the ones that are used regular, because the lights that get used seldom only burn pennies a year.
I will switch to led as they make them look right for chandeliers and fixtures where the bulb is exposed, but right now they look stupid and not looking stupid trumps saving the planet for me.:bounce:

I might not be saving bunnies, but I got all my trees lit up for them in the landscape.:flag:

swampstalker24

Had a roomate one time that was a light nazi.... always complaining about lights being left on. But instead of ironing his clothes if they had wrinkles, he'd just throw them in the dryer for an hour or so.... facepalm:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
sinclair = hates bunnies.