Anyone do LBSF in GA?

UncleBuzz

Im fairly new to Augusta, GA since December and have all my own gear 2 50w set ups, yak, etc. Ive only ever fished NC and MD and Im looking to yak some baits sometime soon and maybe make some new friends.
Does anyone on here ever do some serious shark fishing off the beach? I did a little research and found that Tybee Island and Hilton Head have banned LBSF. Seems like Jekyll is the closest spot to go unless anyone knows something better/closer. Id like to start making some weekend trips in July and would be down to meet up with anyone if theyre going.

Sharkfighter

There are some older threads on here about shore based Shark fishing..
I personally haven't caught any really big stuff from shore but they are there. Caught some nice 3fters while in the yak around the Jekyl pier on lighter tackle so that was fun.

If ya wanna meet up for some shark fishing on Jekyl or go for some on my boat just let me know

Dexterfish

South end of Jekyll near the wreck of the Mary Ann (mast sticking up out of the beach) is the best. Park in St. Andrews picnic grounds or soccer fields. Long walk.

Ihunt

There are some older threads on here about shore based Shark fishing..
I personally haven't caught any really big stuff from shore but they are there. Caught some nice 3fters while in the yak around the Jekyl pier on lighter tackle so that was fun.

If ya wanna meet up for some shark fishing on Jekyl or go for some on my boat just let me know

I think you have a pm from me. Sent it a few days ago

UncleBuzz

I was planning to head towards Jekyll once my leader materials i ordered get here. Im down to one left and its pretty chewed up from last summer. Is there any areas to stay away from? Ive read about some heavy shrimp boat traffic down that way and Id rather not play tug of war with their nets. Also, is Jekyll a fairly cool beach for fisherman or does it get overcrowded with swimmers during the day? In NC, we were usually limited to after dinner until sun up night fishing for sharks due to swimmers and boat traffic.

Bass105

Hello. Check out the Charleston area of SC. I know guys do a lot of sharking on the North end of Folly. There is a Charleston surf fishing forum that you might get some information from. I surf fish Hilton Head quite a bit. I catch my share of sharks late evening early morning but, a kayak and 50ws are a dead give away. Also look into the Garden City area below Myrtle Beach. Shark fishing is allowed there not too bad of a ride for you either place. I hope this helps.

UncleBuzz

I didn't know about garden city. Thats a convenient spot as I have a buddy with a house in Myrtle. We usually run up to Oak Island from there since Horry County doesn't allow shark fishing.

hunterofopportunity

I remember pulling the deep end of a beach seine at St. Andrews on Jekyll one night when a guy paddled past me in a rubber raft, I asked what he was doing because I kept hearing splashes. He said, chumming, caught a 8 foot sand shark here last night. That ended my seining that night.

UncleBuzz

Im definitely not one to chum when fishing from the beach. Thats a bad way to give LBSF a worse name than we already get. I can only imagine how many more hook ups it might produce though

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Tybee is a short paddle away from Little Tybee which isn't under Tybee's jurisdiction.