Rock Creek Fish Hatchery Fish Kill (Reward Offered!!!)

someguyintraffic

What a bunch of hillbillymountainredneck methheadflatlandermouthbreathingtrouttruckchasingfenceclimbingpeckerheads.

someguyintraffic

Security cameras and a water flow stop alarm might be a good idea too.

ripplerider

I was waiting on that. I meant that to be ironic; guess I should have put it into italics to make it clear. After all, I asked you how that sounded after I typed it. "Redneck" is definitely an insult at least to me and my long-time friends. Calling someone a redneck when I was growing up around here signified that he liked to hang around town with his like-minded buddies and pick fights with younger guys whose hair was a bit too long to suit their fancies. Rednecks also liked to make very indecent proposals to young girls who hung around with said long-hairs, always when they were alone or with another girl. I will give the rednecks this however- they generally had some nice muscle cars.
To sum up- just because you're a country boy it doesnt necessarily follow that youre a redneck. I 'll promise you I'm not a redneck so dont lump me in with them. Theres a lot more to it than that but I've got things to do.

DAVE

Maybe "Redneck" should be on the censored for PC sensitive word list. We could just say the noun "R" word because there already is an adjective "R" word on the censored list for the more sensitive forum user. Maybe there could be a sticky and everybody contribute the word that offends them to be put on the list for us less thoughtful, to use as a guide.

someguyintraffic

Maybe "Redneck" should be on the censored for PC sensitive word list. We could just say the noun "R" word because there already is an adjective "R" word on the censored list for the more sensitive forum user. Maybe there could be a sticky and everybody contribute the word that offends them to be put on the list for us less thoughtful, to use as a guide.
Mine is tan. Landscape mgmt will do that to ya. I look like a honky candy cane nekkid.

ThomasCobb123

I was waiting on that. I meant that to be ironic; guess I should have put it into italics to make it clear. After all, I asked you how that sounded after I typed it. "Redneck" is definitely an insult at least to me and my long-time friends. Calling someone a redneck when I was growing up around here signified that he liked to hang around town with his like-minded buddies and pick fights with younger guys whose hair was a bit too long to suit their fancies. Rednecks also liked to make very indecent proposals to young girls who hung around with said long-hairs, always when they were alone or with another girl. I will give the rednecks this however- they generally had some nice muscle cars.
To sum up- just because you're a country boy it doesnt necessarily follow that youre a redneck. I 'll promise you I'm not a redneck so dont lump me in with them. Theres a lot more to it than that but I've got things to do.
To me, a redneck is someone who is just a first class jerk. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a farmer or from the country. Some of the ugliest, loudmouth, no good rednecks I ever met came from the Bronx in NYC.

Coenen

I'm not buying the meth head theory,meth heads are normally looking for something to steal or a place to cook up the stuff.Maybe someone with a grudge or teenagers fooling around.
Point I was trying to make was that they're liable to do just about whatever pops into their head at the time. That leaves the whole playbook pretty wide open. Was it? Probably not, but you never know with those people. Once they get on that crap, all bets are off.
Redneck is not an insult... I've been labeled that myself more than once and I take it as a compliment.
I know some "Good ol' boys" that'd bristle at being called a "Redneck". For some there is a difference.

across the river

To me, a redneck is someone who is just a first class jerk. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a farmer or from the country. Some of the ugliest, loudmouth, no good rednecks I ever met came from the Bronx in NYC.

You can't just make up definitions to words. It refers to working class, rural, Southern people. Not people from the Bronx.

From Merriam Webster: noun- sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class.

ripplerider

You can't just make up definitions to words. It refers to working class, rural, Southern people. Not people from the Bronx.

From Merriam Webster: noun- sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class.

I dont know I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head. The meanings of words can change. For example "gay" meant something entirely different !00 yrs ago than it does now.
Maybe I'll have to go undercover amongst the naked Rainbow chicks to get to the bottom of this mystery. Undercover...hmmmm