Goals for 2018 season?

Clipper

KevinK, we have something in common - I get busted too, even in trees. Suspect we aren't the only ones. I may start brushing in my tree stands:confused:.

Dennis

I have been getting busted a lot in trees they just get close and see the fat guy in the tree then it's over. I figured I was to low (15') and started going 20-25 feet high the deer did not see me anymore but the shooting angle is horrible.

mar0311

I use a climber and set up so I can peek around the tree as they pass by! Height, wind and background for me is determined by the terrain. Good Hunting..

KevinK

I did get better. I brushed in a ladder stand so well I have trouble finding it on some mornings. Another thing I have discovered that has gotten them closer is to not have the stand face the deer head on as they come in. Almost so they come in from behind me. I still get busted when I get ready for the shot, even when they aren't looking up or in my direction. They don't do this in Ohio. Some say it is because of more hunting pressure here in Georgia but I personally think it is because it is sunnier here in the south and they see an un-natural looking shadow moving near them. I could be totally wrong but something to note next time any of us get busted.

Huntmaster2

My goal is to get into traditional archery hunting. I just need to get some heavier limbs for my recurve! Maybe even introduce my girlfriend to trad at SGTP.

Clipper

Huntmaster2, what weight are your limbs. 40 lbs will kill any game animal in Georgia as dead as 55 will with correct shot placement and a sharp broadhead.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My goal is to harvest a deer (any size) with a traditional bow.
This is my shots this morning from 20ish yards..I'm brand new at this... All I've known up to this point is compound bows. Boy have I been missing out! Its amazing how things come together when we let our natural instincts take over. Thank you to Sawtooth for introducing me to traditional archery.

Attachments

• 2018-07-15_09.17.14.jpg
    2018-07-15_09.17.14.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 0

Todd Cook

My goal is to harvest a deer (any size) with a traditional bow.
This is my shots this morning from 20ish yards..I'm brand new at this... All I've known up to this point is compound bows. Boy have I been missing out! Its amazing how things come together when we let our natural instincts take over. Thank you to Sawtooth for introducing me to traditional archery.
Call me and we'll shoot some!