Child dies of cancer

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Come on Bullet, when you were a Christian you weren't a Christian. So anything you thought knew or did as a Christian doesn't count because you weren't a Christian when you were a Christian.
You just aren't responding well to a well reasoned argument like that :rofl:
Yeah Walt, I dont want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I just couldn't compete with the REAL Christians.

ky55

Understanding this is not something you can do as an unbeliever. No one should expect you to. It's a dimension you can't see.

Yeah Walt, I dont want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I just couldn't compete with the REAL Christians.

bullet,
you must have access to the invisible dimension to be bona fide.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
bullet,
you must have access to the invisible dimension to be bona fide.

While I cannot see the invisible dimension, it smells a lot like a cow pasture in the summer.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You think being a Christian is defined by what you did or did not do? Yes or no.
Nope.
I was a Christian because of how I felt, by what I believed, by who I followed. I lived my life accordingly.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You think being a Christian is defined by what you did or did not do? Yes or no.

I am reminded of a statement that my Grandmother made to me when my first was born. "You think you understand all there is about love until you hold your fist child"

They think being Christian is all about joining a church and following the do`s and don'ts while waiting on a magic show to start. You and I along with many others know that there is one thing that science has absolutely zero explanation for and it is because they themselves don't even have a clue of what it is.

They cant see the forest for the trees. They'll spend their entire life focusing on evolution to debunk creation. Evolution is nothing but something living reproducing something living.......they`re basically explaining reproduction. They have no idea of how life began.

atlashunter

I am reminded of a statement that my Grandmother made to me when my first was born. "You think you understand all there is about love until you hold your fist child"

They think being Christian is all about joining a church and following the do`s and don'ts while waiting on a magic show to start. You and I along with many others know that there is one thing that science has absolutely zero explanation for and it is because they themselves don't even have a clue of what it is.

They cant see the forest for the trees. They'll spend their entire life focusing on evolution to debunk creation. Evolution is nothing but something living reproducing something living.......they`re basically explaining reproduction. They have no idea of how life began.

Evolution makes no claims concerning how life began. It does explain speciation in a way the Bible doesn’t.

No one is better suited to critique a cult than those who were once in it and got out. They are the ones who had the courage to ask the hard questions and follow wherever the facts may lead. Those who remain in it who often have been indoctrinated to believe since early childhood are the ones lacking a much needed perspective.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

The answer I gave directly above yours says the opposite of what you purposely choose to continually stereotype
Is it because you cannot comprehend that there were people just like you, just as religious as you, just as special as you, who felt something wasn't right and questioned it? You disregard direcct testimony that is the opposite of what you say.
You holier than thou Christians send a message that says Good Christians don't question, they just obey.

WaltL1

They think being Christian is all about joining a church and following the do`s and don'ts while waiting on a magic show to start.
You guys seem to have a real difficulty dealing with the fact that we used to believe exactly the same things you do.
Why is that?
I think the only way you can understand how someone could believe before and not believe now is to make up all these wacky excuses.
You change your mind on a daily basis based on new information about a lot of things. You just cant comprehend someone changing their mind about religion.

WaltL1

Evolution makes no claims concerning how life began. It does explain speciation in a way the Bible doesn’t.

No one is better suited to critique a cult than those who were once in it and got out. They are the ones who had the courage to ask the hard questions and follow wherever the facts may lead. Those who remain in it who often have been indoctrinated to believe since early childhood are the ones lacking a much needed perspective.
That's their point.
It wasn't courage that led you.
It was the fact that if ANYTHING led you.... it was because you didn't really believe/didn't believe enough/didn't believe right.
Asking hard questions seems to be ok as long as you only allow yourself one particular answer.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That's their point.
It wasn't courage that led you.
It was the fact that if ANYTHING led you.... it was because you didn't really believe/didn't believe enough/didn't believe right.
Asking hard questions seems to be ok as long as you only allow yourself one particular answer.
In between building pedestals for themselves and giving credit for everything to their god, they willingly skip over the possibility that if their god is truly responsible for everything then the non believers are a product of its works too. They got too caught upnin the circular run around that is used for explanation.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You guys seem to have a real difficulty dealing with the fact that we used to believe exactly the same things you do.
Why is that?
It’s not that you once believed, anyone can do that.

WaltL1

It’s not that you once believed, anyone can do that.
So apparently your claim is -
If you once believed, which anyone can do and you don't believe anymore, you now think this -
They think being Christian is all about joining a church and following the do`s and don'ts while waiting on a magic show to start.
Insert Jim Carry doing "Allllrrrrrrrrrighty then" here.
Look, its really simple to break down -
If you never believed you don't know what its like to believe.
If you always believed you don't know what its like not to believe.
If you used to believe and now you don't you know what its like to believe and not to believe.
If you didn't used to believe and now you do.......
All this you didn't really believe/believe enough/good enough/whatever enough is just filler.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So apparently your claim is -
If you once believed, which anyone can do and you don't believe anymore, you now think this -

Insert Jim Carry doing "Allllrrrrrrrrrighty then" here.
Look, its really simple to break down -
If you never believed you don't know what its like to believe.
If you always believed you don't know what its like not to believe.
If you used to believe and now you don't you know what its like to believe and not to believe.
If you didn't used to believe and now you do.......
All this you didn't really believe/believe enough/good enough/whatever enough is just filler.
No. That`s what I am not talking about. It is not about just believing or believing enough or any of the rest of the fillers. Believing is the starting point.

There is something that takes place that science has no explanation for.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
The answer I gave directly above yours says the opposite of what you purposely choose to continually stereotype
Is it because you cannot comprehend that there were people just like you, just as religious as you, just as special as you, who felt something wasn't right and questioned it? You disregard direcct testimony that is the opposite of what you say.
You holier than thou Christians send a message that says Good Christians don't question, they just obey.
I am not sure if you are aware or even think about what you actually post. You accuse me of stereotyping in one sentence, then turn right around and............stereotype. Obviously, if what I am talking about is not what you did, then it does not apply to you, and me not questioning you about it should illustrate that. But no, it has nothing to do with how you "felt" when you were a "Christian".

The long battled argument has been evolution verses creationism. The hard questions science answers with "probably".

You assume we don't ask questions and research. One fallacy of thinking that you are "omniscient" is building on a false assumption.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I am not sure if you are aware or even think about what you actually post. You accuse me of stereotyping in one sentence, then turn right around and............stereotype. Obviously, if what I am talking about is not what you did, then it does not apply to you, and me not questioning you about it should illustrate that. But no, it has nothing to do with how you "felt" when you were a "Christian".

The long battled argument has been evolution verses creationism. The hard questions science answers with "probably".

You assume we don't ask questions and research. One fallacy of thinking that you are "omniscient" is building on a false assumption.
I don't think you understand the definition of the words that you use.

I am talking about the Christians who are always pointing fingers at others without looking in the mirror first.
I did not say ALL Christians. I said the holier than thou Christians. That is not stereotyping. That is being specific.

atlashunter

Hasn't been much of a battle really. The only folks that still think the battle is raging are those who can't bring themselves to admit they lost a long time ago.

Not much point in asking questions and doing research if you're not going to let the facts give you the answers and change your mind accordingly. Christians already have their answers the facts be d***ed.

WaltL1

No. That`s what I am not talking about. It is not about just believing or believing enough or any of the rest of the fillers. Believing is the starting point.

There is something that takes place that science has no explanation for.
Its statements like that ^ that fuel this -
You assume we don't ask questions and research
There are libraries full of studies/theories about why people believe in gods, the super natural etc etc.
I understand you want to believe that something magical and special and unexplainable happens that only applies to a belief in God but that's all it is ........ what you want to believe.
And that's fine.
But to contend that science has no idea why we do things like that is simply false.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
So lets analyze this.

This question was asked - "You think being a Christian is defined by what you did or did not do?"

The portion of the comment that I made concerning that question - "They think being Christian is all about joining a church and following the do`s and don'ts while waiting on a magic show to start. You and I along with many others know that there is one thing that science has absolutely zero explanation for and it is because they themselves don't even have a clue of what it is".

My comment to SFD is in agreement that there is a lot more to it than that and there is a thing called "salvation" and those of us who have experienced that are the ones that I am referring to with the underscored. It has absolutely zero, nothing to do with being a better Christian or anyone doing it wrong or me claiming that I am a better Christian.

I broke your little rant up into 4 pieces.
The answer I gave...............1. you purposely choose to continually stereotype
2. you cannot comprehend that there were people just like you, just as religious as you, just as special as you 3. you disregard direcct testimony
4. You holier than thou Christians............[/QUOTE]

And then I questioned your use of the term "stereotype".... And I pointed out the fact that it has nothing to do with your "direct testimony".

I am not sure if you are aware or even think about what you actually post. You accuse me of stereotyping in one sentence, then turn right around and............stereotype. Obviously, if what I am talking about is not what you did, then it does not apply to you, and me not questioning you about it should illustrate that

I don't think you understand the definition....
I did not say ALL Christians. I said the holier than thou Christians.

No...........I understand the definition completely. We can continue discussing things, but lets get real bullet, there are some parameters.
Your false accusations as in the bold above will not be tolerated. I don't have time to defend childish tactics of you putting words in my mouth such as that either.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Its statements like that ^ that fuel this -

There are libraries full of studies/theories about why people believe in gods, the super natural etc etc.
I understand you want to believe that something magical and special and unexplainable happens that only applies to a belief in God but that's all it is ........ what you want to believe.
And that's fine.
But to contend that science has no idea why we do things like that is simply false.
I agree that libraries and science can tell others what we believe, but that is not the point. Unless they experience the salvation part, they cant explain it, and they have explained it yet as we have experienced it so the proof is in the pudding.