Bream Fly Swap Pics

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Here are pics for the Bream Fly Swap. All positive remarks/replies are welcome.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow! .....Fellas those all look great.

I am gonna host a streamer swap someday and maybe you will join and tie some Pink Harlots!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I am gonna host a streamer swap someday and maybe you will join and tie some Pink Harlots!
I just did an image search for that, and there weren't any bream flies! :hair:

Tentwing

NCNillbilly,
There very little chance of finding PinkHarlots on the Internet ;) They are a concoction of mine from the 90's. I originally came up with them as a crappie fly back when I was at UGA and had lots of warm water access.
As luck would have it I went up to the Nantahala DH, and the fishing was on fire , so I was playing the " well let's see what else they will hit" game. There was a PinkHarlot on my drying patch so I tied on my favorite " crappie fly" and viola it quickly became my go to DH trout fly.
My friend that I was fishing with that day was apauled that I would " throw that trashy flashy fly with a fine 80 plus year bamboo rod " , so with his flashy/ trashy statement fresh in mind I decided to name it along those lines.
His description brought to mind ladies from the red light district :eek:, but Pink Prostitute didn't sound right . Plus just try saying that 3 times really fast?? The British description of said ladies had a better ring to it, so .....the PinkHarlot was born.

David I will tie up about in anticipation of this up coming swap. To be honest I have been working on another streamer pattern that I call a CropDuster. I does great on DH trout , but I thought maybe if I sent some out in a swap maybe the guys in the swap could try it and tell me if it would work for bass. I don't have much fly fishing warm water access since moving to the Sherbeteer state.:ROFLMAO:
Tell what you think?"....... Tentwing

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 25

gunnurse

Awesome. Oh, boy!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Got Tomboy Boots' fine submission today. It is gonna be bream candy, I tell ya!!!

IMG_2222.JPG

Killer Kyle

Dang it! I'm kicking myself for not signing up for this swap this go-round! I've never really tied panfish poppers or flies. It would have been a good opportunitt for me to learn, and I let the opportunity pass by me!

Great looking flies y'all. Tomboyboots, I five you props. I have never thought about a deer hair panfish fly with rubber legs. That idea is new to me and got the wheels turning and wondering how that'd do on trout. Great idea!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Got NCHillbilly's submission today and it will be a bream slayer for sure!!!!

IMG_2263 (2).JPG