Got my butt embarrassed tonight........and sorta liked it.....

Dub

Took my bride out this afternoon for an late lunch-early dinna.

I'm lucky in that one of my favoritist Tex-Mex spot is less than 2 miles from my driveway. That's where we went tonight.

Their excellent salsa came & I took indecent liberties with and kicked it up a few notches with the habanero & normal hawt sauces added to my bowl.

All was well through a couple Dos Equis Ambars & 'ritas. Then the bride called me out.......

Now.....I'm sorta proud of my own cooking............yet this place always kicks my big ole butt into sheer embarrassment with their guacamole.

Wife made such a big deal outa the guac that I ordered the rest of our meal to go..........I couldn't stand it anymore.

So here's the deal...........last batch of guac I made she declared the best ever. Maybe the chic meant the "best I ever made". Time will tell.

I prefer the rustic version like the restaurant served....big chunks of avocado & tomato goodness......with tiny bits of onion & cilantro.

One thing I noticed was they used large course grain sea salt...........and they squirted the lime juice on top. I usually use an A.P. BBQ rub with S, P & G one then blend the lime juice in.

Taking notes.

Will adjust.

Open to suggestions.

I'm confounded with how such a simple dish as guacamole can Trump my best efforts.

I accept the challenge and will prevail.

mikep

I bet it taste better because you are enjoying your time at the restaurant. Its playing mind games on ya. Sounds weird but atmosphere can seem to make a dish for me.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Send all your unwanted "inferior" guacamole to me, and I will be happy to dispose of it for you. :D

Reactions: Dub