purchased a new tow vehicle

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
I purchased a new 2017 0 miles gas f2f50. I paid 30k on the dot. if anyone is interested there is 21 of these same 2017 trucks for that discounted price on auto trader. Statesville North Carolina same truck 2018 is 38-40. the only thing I don't like about it are those wheels. aren't they just beautiful? they look like spare tires. anyhow this is a work truck and now I can take my whole family camping without 2 cars. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

NugeForPres

Good for you. I have a '15 F-250 gas, and it does the job well. I believe you will be quite satisfied.

The mtn man

For a little over $1k you can fix the wheel issue. Eagles are less expensive.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
6.2L, impressive numbers:
Ford 6.2L V8- 385 hp @ 5,750 rpm- 430 lb-ft @ 3,800 rpm- 6-speed Auto

Edit: Depending on your favorite brand, here's a good write-up:
Heavy Duty Gas V8 Towing

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Oldstick

I like it too. Don't spend good money messing with the factory wheels unless you want to jinx it. They look just fine to me. Every time I have ever tried something like that, BAM! it got hit by another vehicle within a year.

work2play2

Boondocka, if you call ask for ms. Wooden. When I got there everything was ready. I was only there 15 min

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
what do they estimate the gas mileage to be on that ride?

work2play2

I now have 400 miles on it the last 2 days. I'm avg 14.8 mpg. Mostly highway due to the 5 hour drive back. Pulling my trailer for work I'll get 10-11. Pulling my camper I'll get 8.5

Boondocks

What size fuel tank? Thanks for answering.Good it has the big motor.I have a older Power stroke and want to upgrade.Diesel prices are so high.

work2play2

What size fuel tank? Thanks for answering.Good it has the big motor.I have a older Power stroke and want to upgrade.Diesel prices are so high.

I honestly don't know how big the tank is. wife filled up today it was on E and said it was 70.00 gas is 2.70 gallon here. so its close to that

work2play2

feel free to pm me your number ill call you and tell you details of the buy and prices and how it went if you are interested in the truck

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I now have 400 miles on it the last 2 days. I'm avg 14.8 mpg. Mostly highway due to the 5 hour drive back. Pulling my trailer for work I'll get 10-11. Pulling my camper I'll get 8.5

That is not too bad for a 379 cu in motor, and the 3.73 should be a good compremise on the rear axle for pulling/mileage too. How does it ride? I heard they have improved the ride on the considerably with the box frame and aluminum body

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Last edited:

work2play2

It rides better then the 2013 250. When I would hit a bump it felt like my teeth would come out of my head. I'm pleased.