1st smoked Brisket

Longhorn 16

Looks great. I do ok with them and they taste great. Not off the chart but very enjoyable. I only mention that to encourage you to stay at it until you get it dialed in. Based on your first pass your are headed in the right direction. Others on this forum can give you very sound advice

Again yours looks very good!

Bream Pole

Looks very good. nothing wrong with that.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
nice...im afraid to try one. kudos to you

Don't be, Vance..nothing to it. Best part is, even if you don't knock it outta the park, it'll still be darned good. Read up a little, and go for it.

Triple C

Looks like you knocked it out of the park on that cook. That's the one meat I've yet to try myself. Always have a hard time passing up the cheap pork and yard birds when I'm looking at brisket but...I'm gonna do one at some point. Thx for sharing!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you nailed it on the first try! I see a great smoke ring, and tender accordian slices that appear to have been cooked to just the right point! :cheers:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Great Job and on your first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks Great!!!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Man, I would be all over that like a cheap suit. It looks delicious!

pop pop jones

I got really lucky on my first one. a co-worker had his wife pick one up and he brought it to me. Price show 110.59 and I almost refused to smoke it. The sucker came out great and he was tickled to death. He ate on it for a week. Thank the good lord I didn't have to buy one to try cooking one.

Bream Pole

If you like brisket, cruise Sam's and Costco's meat markets as they have US Choice and Prime brisket at prices you and I can afford. Flats cost more per lb but still at very good prices. Never bought a bad one at either store.

You did a great job on that cook