Tractor question

TurkeyH90

Anybody got a rough estimate on what it would cost to have a new clutch installed on an old Ford 3000 tractor?

thumper523

If you live near Chattanooga, I can get you the parts for less than $500, this includes line up shaft and turning the flywheel. It can be done relatively easy by yourself.
PM me if you have any questions.

1gr8bldr

Got to split the tractor. Those that know what they are doing make it look easy

1gr8bldr

Are you sure it needs a clutch? two different times, I thought I needed a clutch on my Fordson Super Dexta [ford 2000] but did not. Once it froze together, another time, it just needed adjusting

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
the problem with splitting a tractor is putting it back together. When you unhook it, the front end doesn't have anything to keep it level, so it will shift to one side or the other. Be careful. If you are not prepared for it, it can fall completely over and hurt you. Best way I know of to do it, is to pull the sheetmetal, and hook a cherry picker up to something solid and in the center of the tractor... like a lifting eye on the motor... then put a floor jack under the rear differential section. Pull the bolts out and split it... you can get 2 guys and roll it backwards by pushing on the rear wheels. Move it out of the way enough to service the clutch, and then you can wheel it back up. You can jack the diff up and down and roll the wheel side to side to make it line up.

If you decide to do it... again... be really careful with that front section. It is death on 2 wheels.