• tmp-cam-997260510.jpg
    tmp-cam-997260510.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 75
  • tmp-cam-1130082446.jpg
    tmp-cam-1130082446.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 70

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's a hazard of where you live. I just inherited a 75 Chevy with the same problem. it was probably imported from up there...……..I'm going to plate it and rattle can camo.

GoldDot40

I was just about to suggest cab corners. It's pretty labor intensive, especially if both sides are shot.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
you can buy a crimping tool that goes into an air chisel that will crimp a flange around the piece you cut out. Grind it down, clean all the paint and weld it in. It ain't rocket science, but it is labor intensive

Cmp1

BANNED
you can buy a crimping tool that goes into an air chisel that will crimp a flange around the piece you cut out. Grind it down, clean all the paint and weld it in. It ain't rocket science, but it is labor intensive

Thanks,,,, could you rivet it in place,,,, what gauge sheet metal?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
What Sinclair is suggesting.
I've replaced several panels from online ordering before, of course they didn't need welding so it was easier. However, you never ever ever want to plat over rust. You must remove all of the rusted out parts and spray a preventative like POR before tacking and welding the new panel piece in place.

Good luck.

Cmp1

BANNED
What Sinclair is suggesting.
I've replaced several panels from online ordering before, of course they didn't need welding so it was easier. However, you never ever ever want to plat over rust. You must remove all of the rusted out parts and spray a preventative like POR before tacking and welding the new panel piece in place.

Good luck.

Thanks bud's,,,, going to try to get on it next week,,,, only there, the other rocker panels are good,,,,, a little surface rust rear wheel wells

Cmp1

BANNED
I'd attack that surface rust while I was at it. Rust is like a disease, once it gets started it will spread unless treated.

What's the best course of action to get at it? Really amazing shape for 16yrs old in Mi,,,, I'll post a few more pic's of the surface rust,,,,