Falcon rods

Darkhorse

Anybody use a Falcon Bucoo SR rod? I need a new rod and I'm considering this model. I'm looking at the "Pitchin" 6'10" Heavy Fast action BRC-6-1610 12-25 lb. line, 1/4-3/4 oz. lure.
I fish a large private pond and over half has bushes and trees that grow out from the bank. It's like a thick mat with woven branches and leaves that grow right on top of the water about 2 or 3" down from the surface. From there it's clean water to the bottom. At times really large bass lay up under this stuff for shade and to feed. There are a few narrow lanes that go to the bank between trees. Accuracy is a must.
I am fishing weightless plastics here so the rod must be capable of casting light weights, but it also must be stout enough to horse a double digit bass from under these mats. The rod will occasionally be used for worms and chatterbaits.
I've never used a Falcon rod so I"m just curious.
I'm also looking at the Lews Custom lite speedstick and the Custom speed stick lines.

BigGreenGoblin

I had the 7ft. MH spinning version. It was my main bass rod for the better part of a year but it broke on a jig hookset when I hit my trolling motor. Accurate and sensitive rod, handled plenty bass over 5lb no problem. Worked well for weightless worms up to 1/2 oz. jigs. Hope this helps.

Darkhorse

Yes, it does, Thanks. I have about decided on one of the Lews. I talked to the Lews company this afternoon about several of thier rods and got some good info.

Darkhorse

220 views and nobody has experience with Falcon rods? Well, me neither.
How about the Lew's Custom lite speed stick? The one with HM85 graphite blank?

Lawnmowerman

Did you actually think Lew's would give you bad information on their product?
I can't afford all those expensive rods, Falcon, Allstar, those gaudy yellow ones, etc,,,
I typically go to BPS and find a really nice rod for around $35, and they're fine rods, imo

BigGreenGoblin

Did you actually think Lew's would give you bad information on their product?
I can't afford all those expensive rods, Falcon, Allstar, those gaudy yellow ones, etc,,,
I typically go to BPS and find a really nice rod for around $35, and they're fine rods, imo
The Falcon Bucoo sr is Falcon’s entry level rod, 100 bucks. It was similar to the Duckett Ghost I had before it. The Ghost had the edge on it sensitivity wise, but the Bucoo felt like it handled a little better. I recently got a $50 Shimano Sellus which I like, but it is not as sensitive as an entry level Falcon or Duckett, BUT I got tired of breaking $100 dollar rods, that’s when it gets expensive.

doomtrpr_z71

I have 2 bucoo rods and a lowrider salt, and they are good rods, I'm more partial to St Criox since they can be had for not much more money, but I would rather have them than the lews, hard for me to spend money on a good rod and buy a contract rod out of china, certainly not for that kind of money. One of my bucoos actually came from walmart for $35 on clearance.

Darkhorse

I don't care at all where the rod is built as long as it has the features I want and does what I want.
This morning I ordered a Lew's Custom lite speed stick casting rod. 7' MH, Fast action. Model LCLMBR, on paper it's just what I need. On the water I'll just have to see.
About 25 years ago I bought 2 Ugly Stick Pro lite graphite rods at Walmart. I had never/or since, seen this particular model before. They worked good for several years but I gradually updated my worm rods to higher levels of graphite and eventually mothballed the Ugly Sticks.
The last rod I bought was a Shimano IM9 worm specific. Seemed like a good sensitive rod. But a couple of years ago I dusted off the MH Ugly Stick and started using it again as a worm rod. Surprising thing is, this old Ugly Stick is more sensitive than the IM9 rod. The tap tap tap is sorta dull on the IM9 while the same tapping is sharp and clear on the Stick.
That Ugly Stick is what I've been casting weightless plastics with, but it's going back into storage to be replaced by the Lew's.

No Lawnmowerman, I don't expect any manufacturer to give me bad info about any of their products. But they can answer a question or 2.