Any Autobody experts here,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Here's a few pic's Miggy,,,,, little on the hood, and the rear quarter panels,,,,, any thoughts on how to proceed,,,,,? Thanks

Attachments

• tmp-cam-2127119610.jpg
    tmp-cam-2127119610.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 18
  • tmp-cam-1988387620.jpg
    tmp-cam-1988387620.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 19
  • tmp-cam-123512774.jpg
    tmp-cam-123512774.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 19
  • tmp-cam-1220032636.jpg
    tmp-cam-1220032636.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 19
  • tmp-cam-1528216653.jpg
    tmp-cam-1528216653.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Dub

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
That fourth pic is more than just a little.
Rust is like cancer. You never know how deep the damage goes until you start sanding it down and chasing the rust. At some point a new panel becomes cheaper, then at other times a new truck is cheaper. ;)

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Tough environment for a vehicle. Temp ranges, salt, ice and etc.

Cmp1

BANNED
I'm definitely going to get a cab corner, but for the small rust areas just use bondo or fiberglass?

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I'm definitely going to get a cab corner, but for the small rust areas just use bondo or fiberglass?
I've never seen long lasting good results mixing glass with metal. Where that bed wheel well is rusted through you'll need a new complete panel or cut and patch with metal then body filler.

Cmp1

BANNED
I've never seen long lasting good results mixing glass with metal. Where that bed wheel well is rusted through you'll need a new complete panel or cut and patch with metal then body filler.

Yeah I figured one of those options for there,,,, I did get an estimate for the panel repair, 700.00 from a local shop,,,,,

rayjay

It would be more cost effective to come down here and buy a good truck or a truck with a bad motor or trans and put your stuff in it.

Cmp1

BANNED
It would be more cost effective to come down here and buy a good truck or a truck with a bad motor or trans and put your stuff in it.
My buddy got a GA Chevy 2500, and in 5yrs up here his is a lot worse than mine,,,,, my boy started on it today, cab corner,,,,, it really isn't that bad for 16yrs old,,,,,

rayjay

Wheeler Dealers could have that thing looking like new in a 1 hour show. Just don't hit any pot holes after they are done. :)

Latest posts