New WMA - Gaither WMA

GTHunter

Shhhh don't tell anyone about this. It is 10 minutes from my parent's place on Lake Jackson and I want it all to myself.

But seriously this is great news. Another public property to explore is always exciting, regardless of location. Thanks GADNR!

ABBYS DAD

I believe it will open for the 2019 season.
Excited to burn through 9 priority points for it!

oldfatbubba

Don't see it listed as a Quota Hunt for this season on DNR website.

I think because it hasn't been finalized. According to the document posted by the DNR (linked above), the public can comment on the proposal through July 31. The DNR board will review those comments and vote on the proposal on Aug 22 @ 9AM. I assume the Gaither hunts will be added to the quota hunt application system after the deal is approved by the DNR Board.

Last edited:

ABBYS DAD

TThey would need to put them on there quick then, I believe the deadline is September 15th.

GTHunter

I dont think there are any pigs on this property if it is anything like the nearby land on the ONF and they did not list them as a huntable species in the write up

Hunter922

We also border it .. where u located. Send pm if needed...

Christian hughey

Not much closer mile or so on the left before you get to clybel on right looking forward to bowhunting it this year talk to regional gw and they will finalize the deal on the 22nd quota may not go into effect until next season though would be pushing it close for this year but keep your eye on the gawildlife website for changes tomorrow or the next day