Anyone ever went on a crazy strict diet and excersise program for X ammt of time?

BeerThirty

When I was 18-yrs old and right after graduating high school I was on the fence about joining the service. I was 6'4" and was a solid 290 lbs. The recruiter told me I had to lose 5 inches off my waist in 2 months and get down under 230 lbs, thus ensued my crazy diet. I ran 3 miles every morning and every evening in the summer wearing a rubber waist band and jogging sweatshirt and pants. I also did a ton of pushups and situps after each run. My diet consistented of one can of tuna and half a jar of pickles, along with as much water as I could drink. Ended up making er down to 239 but wasn't enough so the recruiter rejected me from moving on to the next step.

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
Bout 1year....lots of running...very little eating...not much fun...fanatic about it.....

sinclair1

Slapped on a few pounds while switching jobs. All good now and time to get serious about health again.

jcbcpa

My wife has been going to a "hiit" high intensity interval training class for the last couple of years. After my blood pressure started easing up and cholesterol getting to a bad place I started going with her back in March. We also started walking at least 3.5 miles at least 2 days a week as well.I'll be 60 and I was at least 30 pounds overweight, mostly right in my gut. We didn't change our diet much. Like someone said above, we limit our sugar intake and starches. Eat mostly fresh vegetables and chicken, fish and allow 1 meal a week of red meat. I've lost 10 lbs and gone down 2 pants sizes in the waist. It's hard but now I've gotten used to it and "kinda" look forward to it.
Remember this......... It's not really about prolonging your life as much as it is about being able to get around and move and enjoy the things that you love. Exercise helps you stay in shape to be able to do those things. Or at least that's what I think.

Reactions: Dub

Sweetwater

I actually have done the opposite...especially working on the road.
3 straight weeks of 14 to 16 hours of work...followed by 4 hours of chain smoking and drinking...then maybe 4 hours of sleep.
Made me feel like crap....then payday came and BAM....I was healed.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Exercise and eat in moderation. Enjoy good food but be conscience about it. It's a diet that you can live with for the rest of your life and not be miserable . Also, get a fitbit or an app on your phone that measures steps. Try to get in 10,000 steps a day if your schedule allows.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most of our health problems nowadays can be traced to lack of physical activity.

Jack Ryan

I'm on vacation right now camping in myrtle beach. Some some reason it hit me after I get back I need a goal. A health and excersise goal. I looked this up. The 3 month diet and excersise seems to be popular. You give it everything you have for 3 months and eat crazy good and work out until you can't feel your body. Take before and after pics. Anyone ever tried this? Or something similar? I'm a all or none guy so I'm thinking July 20-oct 20th no slip ups. Just water. Nothing but healthy food and insane excercise. Not think past those 3 months and not worry about after that. Whatcha think ? Anyone ever done this?
You just pretty much described what it is like to have diabetes.

If it taste good, spit it out and then run around the block.

walkinboss01

I had a buddy that did the P90X diet and workout program and it worked great for him.

hunter rich

I did Paleo for 2 months and dropped 25 lbs. No exercise. I stopped because in a house of 4 I was the only one doing it and it became difficult to continue...I have since (it's been 4 yrs.) regained most of the weight, but in a month or so it will be me and the better half, so we will hit the Paleo again, together. Maybe add some exercise and see what we can accomplish.

:cheers:

Oldstick

X = 1 day in my case.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Played sports all my life. Ran every evening out of pure boredom. Started weight training in high school. Exercised at home daily and went to the gym. Even kept it up through pregnancy. Then I had a baby. :giggle:

stringmusic

If you're only going to do it for 3 months, my recommendation would be to not do anything.

You need to find a way to eat healthy and exercise and it be something you can sustain for the next 30 years.

There are a ton of healthy foods you can eat that are great tasting and when you're eating good food you can eat a lot of it.

Cutting carbs or bread or doing some special diet ain't gonna cut it for the long term and you will gain the weight back and you will have wasted your time and effort.