Drug addicts, tobacco users and fat people.

someguyintraffic

Congrats,,,,

Hey thanks.

It's beating the mental dependency thats the trick.

Good luck with it.

Gum, patches, meds can control the craving, physical addiction.

It's all in the mind breaking the desire.

Cmp1

BANNED
Hey thanks.

It's beating the mental dependency thats the trick.

Good luck with it.

Gum, patches, meds can control the craving, physical addiction.

It's all in the mind breaking the desire.

Vaping is alright, but it's just as expensive, I roll my own,,,, cheaper,,,,

Artfuldodger

I know a good many folks that are fat due to being poor.
They buy but what they can afford basically. And carbs are cheap.

Weight is not something I really worry with when it comes to others. Some times it's a choice and other times its genetics or health or income. I dont care.
Now, lazy is something that gets me going every time. I know people who over weight and can out work most. They will put in more effort to do a hobby (hunting or hiking for instance) than most others.

I also love me some nicotine. We are old friends who will never loose touch. I am however limiting myself to occasional cigars only at this time.

Some of those poor fat people are also forced to buy PBR instead of Michelob Ultra. So that adds a few carbs as well.

I don't smoke and hate the smell of cigarettes. I do like the way cigars and pipe tobacco smell. Borkum Riff smells pretty good. Unburning tobacco smells good like at the warehouse or in those fancy smoke shops in the mall.

I hate the way some of that vape stuff smells.

GoldDot40

I am now concentrating on the #1 life shortener .....stress. It's one of the toughest to beat living in the metro, but I am winning
Maybe one of the most positive things a person can do is eliminate (or greatly reduce) his/her stress level. It is called the silent killer for a reason.

At 23 years old, I was put on blood pressure meds. I changed my attitude and outlook. Started disciplining myself on what I let bother me and get under my skin. I eventually weaned myself off the meds and haven't need BP meds in 10 years.

Never used tobacco, drugs or alcohol. I'm 6ft, 215 lbs and have a 34" waist. At 40 years old...I'm in better shape than a lot of people I know who are the same age.

My oldest brother drank, smoked, and likely dabbled in some recreational drugs. He was 6'5" and weighed 430 lbs. He had heart disease, COPD, liver issues and diabetes. He dropped dead 2 weeks shy of 49 years old from a massive heart attack.

Father-in-law had alcohol induced dementia and died 3 months ago at 61 years old.

The argument that a person's unhealthy decisions doesn't affect others is a little off base.

Artfuldodger

Who cares as long as it doesn't affect you? A dumb redneck smoking in front of a restaurant im trying to take my family to (having to walk through the smoke) affects us. A dumb redneck smoking cigs and eating fried chicken in his trailer does not.

Why not just go to a restaurant that doesn't allow smoking on their property? I guess you don't think people should be able to smoke inside either.

Artfuldodger

What about the social aspects of gambling? I can see where one's children could be affected. Any habit really if it takes away from the families income.
I've heard of gamblers pawning their kids bicycles.

Artfuldodger

Maybe one of the most positive things a person can do is eliminate (or greatly reduce) his/her stress level. It is called the silent killer for a reason.

I would most definitely agree. My Dad has always ate what he wanted and at times drank too much. Never had a care in the world. He is 96.
He has also always been fairly active and not overweight. Still splitting firewood with wedges in his 80's. Said that was his winter time exercise.

Me on the other hand worry about everything. I too have high blood pressure. I wish I would have inherited by Dad's lack of worry attitude.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I've quit smoking probably 20 times, I've got Chantix now,,,,
I used it and kicked them. Don't know if the chantix worked, or if the doctor visit solidified my resolve. But I did kick it, and I was using the chantix.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
All men have their flaws.
All women have at least one pretty spot.
No sense and lumpin'em all together and calling them all useless ( 'ceptin fer dimocrats, that's what they like to do).
I stand with the OP.
I think I agree with you......maybe.............sort of............kind of...........I reckon.

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
No. I should have written a little differently I guess.

Basically, I could care less what unhealthy decision you decide to make.
Whether your fat, a smoker, druggie, alcoholic....I don’t care. Doesn’t bother me one bit. If you want to bash me
for dipping that is fine, I know it’s stupid. I know it cost a lot of money and it’s unhealthy.

I am simply asking, why is it acceptable to bash the guy with a cigarette hanging out of his Mouth, but not the guy 75 pounds overweight with diabetes.
How come there are warning labels on your dip can but not a double whopper?
Why Are cigarettes taxed at 10x the rate of Krispy Kreme doughnuts? When all of the above are equally unhealthy.
Now I can make sense of your situation

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
What about the social aspects of gambling? I can see where one's children could be affected. Any habit really if it takes away from the families income.
I've heard of gamblers pawning their kids bicycles.
Can’t go in a store anymore without having to wait on someone to buy scratch off tickets ...but hey that’s their choice

Cmp1

BANNED
Some of those poor fat people are also forced to buy PBR instead of Michelob Ultra. So that adds a few carbs as well.

I don't smoke and hate the smell of cigarettes. I do like the way cigars and pipe tobacco smell. Borkum Riff smells pretty good. Unburning tobacco smells good like at the warehouse or in those fancy smoke shops in the mall.

I hate the way some of that vape stuff smells.

Hey, PBR ain't that bad, hate Michelob,,,, Molson and Rolling Rock, good stuff,,,,,